Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,788 times

Advertisements

Hey there, I'm going to be moving to Leavenworth, KS around April or May '07 with my Army boyfriend. Can anyone tell me where a good part of town (or preferably a country setting) would be? We are wanting to rent at first...we have 2 dogs and 1 cat......and by the way, this will be my first move from my hometown of Springfield, MO, so I'm really kind of nervous...PLEASE tell me that this is a great place to live! (actually be honest no matter what) Thank you so much for any help anyone can give me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 151,279 times
Leavenworth is a growing community, but still a fairly small place, so you should have no trouble finding a place either in town or out in the countryside. The area is similar to much of Missouri... hills and trees... but it's definitely not the Ozarks. Leavenworth is very close to KC, so there is much to do. Plus, there is all the shopping, restaurants, etc., to be found in Johnson County, Kansas, just to the south. I live in southern Leavenworth County, and don't go to the city of Leavenworth much because my work keeps me focused on KCMO most of the time, but I have met quite a few people from Leavenworth and Lansing, and they all seem very nice. I'm sure you will enjoy the area.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 9,331 times
Leavenworth is nice. I have lived here all of my life. I don't know how old you are, but I am 24 and let me tell you that there is nothing to do here. If you want excitement you have to drive to KC. It's not that far of a drive, but a drive nonetheless. Pretty safe in most parts of town. Stay out of the north east side of town. The Fort actually has some nice housing on base. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 9,735 times
Thumbs up It is a great place!

hi there! I have lived in Kansas since I was 14 (so 13 years now) and I have loved it. The weather is a little on the crazy side. Have to admit that! lolo The area you are moving to is the most beautiful part of Kansas. If you can I would suggest you look into the Douglas County area as it is even more beautiful! If I can help you in any way please let me know. I know several real estate agents that can help you find the rental you are looking for and eventually a house! I think you will really enjoy it here!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:29 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Leavenworth has a great BBQ place called Dave's. Some of the best ribs i have ever tried. Good prices too!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:40 PM

25 posts, read 120,020 times
i work in leavenworth, you have to drive to kc or the speedway section to go get a decent bite to eat. There are a few quaint shops but nothing that will knock your socks off. you will have to travel to the legends shooping center, zonarosa or the plaza for decent shopping. There are only 2 nightspots that i hear about.. gl

Old 02-15-2007, 10:53 PM

6 posts, read 31,862 times
Default your move

Moderator cut: realtor info leavenworth won't be bad -- you won't be far from KC where there is fun stuff to do. it's also a growing community.

Last edited by Marka; 02-16-2007 at 02:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: