Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 02:14 PM

417 posts, read 1,128,214 times

Advertisements

Several times during my job searches I have run into companies who only accept online applications, yet when I attempt to fill out the applications, I run into glitches I cannot get around. The latest example is my having spent two hours this afternoon attempting to enter phone numbers for my references in an online application and, no matter how I tried (even trying different browsers), I kept getting an error message stating that the phone number wasn't in "numerical form", whatever that means! I've also been directed to online application sites that don't even exist - I get the "webpage unavailable" message. It's difficult enough to find a job, why must employers outsource their application process to people who can't even work the glitches out of their program??? FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 02:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times
How were you entering the phone number? Did you try numbers only? Did you play around with the parentheses, dashes, etc.

Besides the occasional broken link, I've not had any problems with online applications. Just accept that this is the world we live in and do the best you can.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:33 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
That has happened to me as well. It surprises me that so many companies are not keeping up with technology.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,770,254 times
Lots of websites are poorly designed for online applications or the job sites cannot handle the traffic adequately when you apply. Indeed, very frustrating. Or another thing, you enter all the info and it does not save it at all.

Depending on your perseverance, you just have to persist and it can up a lot of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search