Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
Don't think you are getting compensated fairly---find another job that pays better.
Therein lies the conundrum. Spending any less than 2 years at a job earns you the label of "job-hopper" and you are henceforth unemployable.

I do agree, however, that it is up to the employee to take responsibility of his/her own career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 11:16 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times
Personally, I do not want a 'career'. Been there, done that. Now, I want a stable job that pays me decently for the work I do that won't lay me off because they misused company funds, underestimated the cost of materials, and don't want to have to pay for Christmas gifts, time off, etc with the holidays approaching. "Maybe we'll call you back after the holidays"..."It turns out that Susie doesn't know how to use the scanner, copier, fax, etc... would you mind coming in a few hours a week to do it, and possibly train her [again]? Oh - and please bring your notary stamp"

hahahhahahahhahhaahaahahahaha! No thanks!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,994 times
Its a buyers market . deal with it. Employers have to deal with it when its a sellers market.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 7,776 times
I guess I must confess, I am in fact a trust fund baby from oil money; however, growing up in that world opened my eyes to many things. I chose to live my life differently and the amount of life experience has been invaluable.

Thanks for all of the posts which just confirmed why I chose different.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM

155 posts, read 244,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Its a buyers market . deal with it. Employers have to deal with it when its a sellers market.
When was that? 1977?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Interesting points-I guess reading C-D has opened my eyes to how easy this whole "job market" thing is. Things not working out for you? It's 100% your fault 100% of the time! Plant shut down causing hundreds to lose their jobs? Well it's YOUR fault for being slackers, no other reason-so work harder and this will never happen! Not making ends meet, or hurting due to little or no health benefits? Just go get one of the millions of great paying jobs with bennies! or start your own business! I had no idea this whole thing was so EASY! Thanks all!!! Think after lunch I'll start my own business or maybe go get a 100K job with full benefits- Decisions, decisions. Maybe tomorrow I'll solve world peace

Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM

155 posts, read 244,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Interesting points-I guess reading C-D has opened my eyes to how easy this whole "job market" thing is. Things not working out for you? It's 100% your fault 100% of the time! Plant shut down causing hundreds to lose their jobs? Well it's YOUR fault for being slackers, no other reason-so work harder and this will never happen! Not making ends meet, or hurting due to little or no health benefits? Just go get one of the millions of great paying jobs with bennies! or start your own business! I had no idea this whole thing was so EASY! Thanks all!!! Think after lunch I'll start my own business or maybe go get a 100K job with full benefits- Decisions, decisions. Maybe tomorrow I'll solve world peace

Great post!
This is what us white Americans do best, kick each in the chops when we are down. We also LOVE pointing fingers and finding fault. Unless the fault lands on someone rich and powerful[Wall Street, politicians, etc] then we look the other way while they screw us over some more.
So as you go through your day remember these white American inspirational thoughts:
1. Every problem in your life is YOUR fault
2. If you only work harder all of your problems will be solved.
3. College Education is the key to solving all personal and national
problems.
4. Anyone can start a business with just a dollar, a paper clip, and dream.
5. If you disagree with me then you have a bad attitude and don't deserve to live
6. Poor people don't really exist
7. It's all YOUR FAULT!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times
Quote:
When the hell did anyone say life would be easy?

People who start businesses which become successful spend years upon years working 90 hour weeks for little to no pay so they can have something sustainable in the future. Grow up, and start taking care of yourself. The world doesn't owe you a damn thing.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Starting your own business has been the most idiotic advice given to posters on this board in the past year. Just ignore like I do because I like to save my mental energy for more important things instead of stupidity.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
... I like to save my mental energy for more important things instead of stupidity.
THANK YOU! I finally got my really good laugh for the day. A little later than usual but better than not getting it at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search