Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 06:02 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
I've had multiple Jags and Range Rovers and all were great cars. Maybe you should take from personal experience not "a friend of a friend had one that broke and he was ripped off at the dealer to fix it."

I really want an Aston DB9 Volante and the price is coming down to affordability. One day, possibly, though as I said, the Jag XK8/XKR convertible is probably up next.
Old thread...........but nothing has changed. A client has a new Velar, yep the tow truck driver knows her personally. RR has done software updates galore and it still will kill the batter in 72 hours or less. It is it a "one way" car to the airport because if you leave it more than 3 days it will be dead. So now she takes it to the dealer, they give her a courtesy shuttle to the airport.

A good friend had one of the first 4.6 HSE's in the country back in the 90's (you posted a black one you had owned). That love affair lasted months, after owning a few Toyota Land Cruisers she quickly gave up on the British novelty and bought another LC. Luckily the blk/blk HSE's were in short supply so she didn't lose much on the trade. The excuses for unreliability were making her crazy when the Toyotas rarely needed anything but gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,249,100 times
I had a 2005 X-type wagon a number of years ago. It was totally reliable.
Maybe being mostly a Ford Mondeo wasn't such a bad thing after all. It looked like a Jaguar, but it worked all the time.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
My 2 favorite Jag stories:

1. 20 years ago (so not relevant in my opinion re: cars of today) talking to a cadre of tow truck guys who said they pick up a preponderance of Jags. This is a town full of fancy cars, so Jags have no reason to stick out.

2. My bro test driving a brand new F Pace 2 years ago (so, yes, now relevant) and it breaking down on the test drive. Getting back to the dealership, going to a different brand new F Pace, and the battery was dead (or wouldn't start...they assumed the battery).
He got a Porsche suv instead. It has been flawless thus far (I mean, it's only a couple years old).

Meanwhile, my 4Runner is still running on the same battery from 2012 and has been in the shop for routine maintenance only. Also not relevant, per se, but makes me gighle.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:39 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,149,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My 2 favorite Jag stories:

1. 20 years ago (so not relevant in my opinion re: cars of today) talking to a cadre of tow truck guys who said they pick up a preponderance of Jags. This is a town full of fancy cars, so Jags have no reason to stick out.

2. My bro test driving a brand new F Pace 2 years ago (so, yes, now relevant) and it breaking down on the test drive. Getting back to the dealership, going to a different brand new F Pace, and the battery was dead (or wouldn't start...they assumed the battery).
He got a Porsche suv instead. It has been flawless thus far (I mean, it's only a couple years old).

Meanwhile, my 4Runner is still running on the same battery from 2012 and has been in the shop for routine maintenance only. Also not relevant, per se, but makes me gighle.
My favorite Jag story was from Mad Men. If you've never seen the show, one of the characters, Lane Pryce, decided to commit suicide due to an embezzling scandal. The ad agency had recently scored the Jaguar account and Lane had one in his NY parking garage. He ran a hose into the drivers side window and cranked the car, but...it would only crank and not start LOL.

On a related note, I leased a new F-Pace S for my wife's 50th 2 days ago. Wish us luck! LEASE is the key word here lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSBTAMyXeA

Old 12-03-2019, 09:22 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post

My favorite Jag story was from Mad Men. If you've never seen the show, one of the characters, Lane Pryce, decided to commit suicide due to an embezzling scandal. The ad agency had recently scored the Jaguar account and Lane had one in his NY parking garage. He ran a hose into the drivers side window and cranked the car, but...it would only crank and not start LOL.

On a related note, I leased a new F-Pace S for my wife's 50th 2 days ago. Wish us luck! LEASE is the key word here lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSBTAMyXeA
Best wishes for a flawless experience!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar