Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,293,466 times

Advertisements

Thought some will find this interesting & fun.

Another sign that Jacksonville is maturing as a city, taking advantage of it's history and unqiue neighborhoods.

Regular bike tours of Riverside & Avondale, San Marco, Olde Mandarin, & parts of Beaches.

A special Springfield bike tour is also in the works (Saturday, May 8th @ 10am).

A feature on Channel 4 News:
Local Offers Bike Tours Of Jacksonville

Tours Showcase Historic Parts Of City

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- It took losing her corporate job for Leigh Burdett to discover what her passion was -- hopping on a bike and riding through the charming neighborhoods of Jacksonville.

"I'm a big fan of Oprah, and I read some of her suggested reading, 'New Earth' by Eckhart Tolle, and it basically taught me to put your fear aside, follow your passions," Burdett said. "Why do people travel to Savannah and Charleston for getaway and for history?"

With that in mind, she started a business that follows her passion and leads others on historic bike tours around the city.

(full article below)

Local Offers Bike Tours Of Jacksonville - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22989396/detail.html - broken link)

& photos:

from: Historical Bike Tours come to Jacksonville | Metro Jacksonville

Shockingly, this is the only business of it's kind in the entire city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 18,813 times
nice

in san fran bike tours were very popular. you can see a lot on a bike that you miss in an automobile

Old 04-06-2010, 02:14 PM

I went on the Riverside/Avondale tour a couple weeks ago.....well worth the money! Looking forward to the springfield tour on the 8th. Maybe we'll ride by my house???

"olde mandarin" looks nice in her photographs too.

Advice: bring a camera

Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM

622 posts, read 1,668,654 times
Hey, I just got a coupon from them through Groupon! Good stuff.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:02 PM

The first ever Historic Springfield Bike Tour is all set to go.

Saturday, May 8th, @ 10am

The starting & ending point is Three Layers Cafe - 1602 Walnut Street (corner of E. 6th & Walnut) 32206. 355-9791. Three Layers a Coffee House - Historic Springfield - Jacksonville, Florida

About 19 points of interest along the way.

Everything from famous people's childhood homes, important architecture, new popular venues, and, of course, interesting history.

This is completely free and no sign-up necessary.

Don't worry, this is one of the most bikeable/walkable neighborhoods in the city....so it will be at a slow, liesurely pace.

The tour will be hosted by Ready 2 Ride Bike Tours (www.e2ride.com) who does a really great job.

If you have any questions, the contact info is on the bike poster below:

Enjoy.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 PM

http://www.sparcouncil.org/images/stories/bike tour poster d2 small.jpg (broken link)

Hopefully this poster (image) will show up!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Here's some pics.....

Going over history of the park

Stopping at Laurel & Hardy's old stomping grounds

Picture time

Starting & end point, Three Layers Cafe.

85 people there, it was a blast!

from www.myspringfield.org

Old 05-25-2010, 10:12 PM

i missed the tour beacuse i was out of town but my son and husband wne t and they said they had a very good time thanx so much for the pictures bc i didnt see anyy until right now!!! < i didnt see my family in the picitures tho >
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville