Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,443 times

Advertisements

I am interviewing at Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida.If I took the position I would be relocating from Lansing MI I am single and looking for a nice apt community close to Mayo clinic. Can anyone help? Also, looking to find fun things to do near Mayo clinic.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by rollercoaster; 11-11-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,657 times
Good luck with your interview. There are many apartments in that area, so you will have your pick. I am not familiar enough with that area to make recommendations, but I know there are many people here who will be able to help you.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM

530 posts, read 1,460,410 times
Good luck, you will not have any trouble finding an apt close to Mayo. Very nice apt communities in that area, shopping etc and the beach is not far away. You will enjoy winter here.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Where is the Mayo Clinic now? Is it all on San Pablo Rd or is there anything still going on at Belfort?

Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

97 posts, read 404,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
I am interviewing at Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida.If I took the position I would be relocating from Lansing MI I am single and looking for a nice apt community close to Mayo clinic. Can anyone help? Also, looking to find fun things to do near Mayo clinic.

Thanks for the help!
Hi. There are quite a few apt. complexes on San Pablo, as well as one block over - Hodges. Here are just a few very close to the Mayo Clinic on San Pablo:

The Links
Enclave
Country Club
Cape House (very nice, but heard alot of parties )

Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 11,548 times
This is a great area. In this market, you could buy for the price of a rental. I was born in Jacksonville - just moved away last year. I'm a realtor (Coldwell Banker) in the Pensacola area now. [mod] edit: removed advertising [/mod]

Last edited by riveree; 11-18-2008 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: realtor advertising

Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 AM

11 posts, read 60,975 times
If I had a choice I would live at the Beach! There are houses for rent, condos, and apartments. This is a great area. Ponte Vedra Beach has condos for rent and apartments and has almost 0 crime. Great shopping and restaurants. Great golf, tennis, etc.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post

Thanks for the help!
For things to do in the Mayo area....

The Beach: There is the beach, of course, and it's less than 10 minutes from Mayo. There's some good nightlife here if you like pubs.

The Saint John's Town Center: Not far from Mayo, less that 15 minutes I'd think. It's nice to walk around and window shop, have lunch, and at night there are a couple of hangouts such as The Grape (wine bar).

UNF & FCCJ cultural events: Both colleges have cultural events and they are right in your backyard if you'll be living near Mayo.

Fort Caroline: If you like history, the Fort Caroline memorial park is just to your north, less that 10 minutes away.

There are plenty of other things to do when you're living in Jax, but these are in your immediate area .

Last edited by riveree; 11-19-2008 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Location: Teams in 2 locations: Jacksonville, FL & Aldie/Chantilly VA.
63 posts, read 224,297 times
Hi,
I would concentrate on getting your job. There will be plenty of places for you to rent. I wouldn't stay focused on apartments though. THere are MANY condos and townhomes that are great rentals in the area. And it IS a buyers market here too....you could VERY easily find a simple condo with a 1 car garage for under $140,000! If you have some money for a down payment, your mortgage could be lower than rent! You could live anywhere in the Southside area....and you will be driving against traffic on JTB to get to Mayo Clinic in the morning on San Pablo. (The Traffic all goes west on JTB in the morning!)
GOOD LUCK with your interview, if you need any help, just ask!!
MKGOlfer

Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 AM

17 posts, read 91,965 times
Hi! I take it you are a MSU grad??? My hubby is a Spartan and is an ER Doc for Baptist Health. We are from the Detroit suburbs!! My Dad just had a transplant at the Mayo, you have to take the job. It is amazing, you will LOVE Florida. We will never go back to MI!!! Good luck! And I agree, take the job and you will find an apartment no problem!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville