Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:29 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,173 times

Advertisements

I was just curious. A lot of houses I was considering had 2 shower heads in the same shower in a Master Bathroom (not on the same wall but adjacent walls). Is this a Florida thing or just a trend in New Construction houses?

Is the purpose to shower with both heads on at the same time? Or for two people to shower in tandem? I was just curious since that is what I do from time to time. In fact, that is what I did before I posted this question. It feels very good LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 12:39 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,452,075 times
I think that's more of a fancy-house thing .

Once you get to certain price point, you might see it in a lot of those new construction homes, but us poor folks only get one showerhead !

I really don't even know how these things work?

It sounds like both showerheads come on at the same time, but can you turn one off if, say, you have that rare occasion when you're showering alone ?

And does it use twice as much water, or does it do something with the pressure to be sure it only uses the same amount of water as a single showerhead?

Someone my husband knows was having a big issue with his multi-showerhead (6 sprays or 8 sprays?). He had the house built recently and the pressure is all off so he's been screaming about it on a regular basis...it's really messing up his life .

When we have that CD margarita party at your house, Titanium, can I try out your shower?

Old 03-29-2008, 03:00 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,148,424 times
I build houses here in the Uk and we sometimes do the double headed arrangement. its very simple -you have an on/off valve and then a seperate diverter which allows water to one or both. In effect the water is divided so you do lose some pressure but its not half for some strange reason. However we tend to fix them to the ceiling so you get a 'rain' effect which is more luxurious.
|And as titanium says two can share !!! (In fact in the Uk they go by the nickname sh*gging showers ). If you do fancy the luxury of an over head but not neccesarily the double you can have a conventional wall mounted head then one on the ceiling for that little treat.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:12 AM

252 posts, read 390,538 times
I first saw that in Palm Springs, CA about 10 years ago! I think it is pretty cool.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:32 AM

549 posts, read 2,205,270 times
I've seen them in the more upscale, very expensive homes...but no, it's not the 'norm' in the majority of Floridian homes.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,193 times
Not the norm, but oh what fun!

Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 AM

112 posts, read 524,171 times
Yup it is a more upscale thing we have it up in NJ too. I think that in FL you can get a house with more "up scale things" at a lower price point then in the north or west.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,983,217 times
I, too, am guessing it's a trend thing rather than a location-specific upgrade. More and more design shows on HGTV, for example, show huge bathrooms big enough to do cartwheels in, with large soaking tubs, separate showers with multiple heads for the overall "rain" experience (and for tandem showering :-), separate vanities, and a separate WC. What's interesting is that the upgrades that were only found in very upscale luxurious dwellings are now being built into "less-upscale" homes -- take granite for example, whereas it used to be found in just mansions, but now it's installed in bungalows.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:13 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
...More and more design shows on HGTV, for example, show huge bathrooms big enough to do cartwheels in, with large soaking tubs, separate showers with multiple heads for the overall "rain" experience (and for tandem showering :-), separate vanities, and a separate WC...
Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather have that extra space in the great room. I tend to spend a lot more time there.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:09 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,983,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather have that extra space in the great room. I tend to spend a lot more time there.
Heck, you're not old fashioned! You're practical! Lemme say that my "glorious" soaking tub is underneath a painted piece of MDF that serves as a bench and plant holder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville