Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:53 AM

63 posts, read 136,011 times

Advertisements

What are the best and/or funnest public beaches near Nocatee? I'm aware of Micklers, however is there a more 'commercial' beach where people hamg out around this area (north or south of here)? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,166,488 times
Do you live in Nocatee?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:21 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,541,668 times
I am beginning to believe the Nocatee community or their leadership is paying people to hijack the Jacksonville City Data thread. We have way too many threads about it in here and I just wanted to point out that it looks really bad for certain people to keep posting the same thing about the same place as if nothing else in the Jacksonville metro matters. It should be reported as advertising. Unless the person Modding the Jacksonville forum is also apart of this Nocatee sales group.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 AM

9,454 posts, read 8,437,051 times
It's a conspiracy, lol!!!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:04 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,533,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybahu View Post
What are the best and/or funnest public beaches near Nocatee? I'm aware of Micklers, however is there a more 'commercial' beach where people hamg out around this area (north or south of here)? Thanks!!!
I like JAX Beach and going to the Pier there (sometimes with fishing gear). Will also stop in to catch the current exhibit at the J. Johnson gallery (except in the summer - the gallery is closed then). Am not fond of the current restaurants there. I also like having lunch in Atlantic Beach (at Azurea) and then walking around after. Sometimes I'll stop at the Neptune Beach farmers' market on the way home on a Saturday (although the parking there is pretty miserable). Those areas are probably the most commercial areas to the north (I'm not familiar with the beach areas south of the Guana). One advantage of Azurea is it has lots of parking (hard to come by in Atlantic Beach on summer weekends). Note that JAX Beach is 15 miles from the Nocatee Publix - Atlantic Beach is 18. And that no one will ever confuse these areas with more vibrant beachfront communities elsewhere in Florida.

To BlackPeach2 - I think people in Nocatee post here so much because most are newbies who don't know beans about the metro area (the only person here who I recall moved from JAX to Nocatee is Acebab). And apparently many/most don't realize that although their houses are X miles from "the ocean" as the crow flies - that proximity to the ocean isn't the same as beach access. Robyn

Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I am beginning to believe the Nocatee community or their leadership is paying people to hijack the Jacksonville City Data thread. We have way too many threads about it in here and I just wanted to point out that it looks really bad for certain people to keep posting the same thing about the same place as if nothing else in the Jacksonville metro matters. It should be reported as advertising. Unless the person Modding the Jacksonville forum is also apart of this Nocatee sales group.
It looks worse for the area when people who live here use the word 'funnest' in their original post.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:37 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,796,963 times
Nocatee is building a ton of houses and people are moving to them. Therefore, they come here to ask questions.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:44 AM

63 posts, read 136,011 times
Blackpeach2 sorry this post irritates you however, I'm new to Nocatee and need information so this is where I was told to post.

And SaintCabbage (future neighbor I believe)...not sure what the comment about funnest means but I'll take it as a compliment (it's actually a word) And yes, I will be in Nocatee soon...building in Willow Cove ))

And Robyn thank you! I went to Jax and Atlantic and enjoyed myself very much!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Lastly here is my warning: My NEXT post is likely to be about Nocatee as well....

Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybahu View Post
Blackpeach2 sorry this post irritates you however, I'm new to Nocatee and need information so this is where I was told to post.

And SaintCabbage (future neighbor I believe)...not sure what the comment about funnest means but I'll take it as a compliment (it's actually a word) And yes, I will be in Nocatee soon...building in Willow Cove ))

And Robyn thank you! I went to Jax and Atlantic and enjoyed myself very much!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Lastly here is my warning: My NEXT post is likely to be about Nocatee as well....
Funnest is not word, just like funner is not a word. And if they make it a word for some reason because our society is getting dumber by the second, you shouldn't use it, use 'most fun' instead.

Crescent Beach is much nicer and far less crowded, it's pretty far south, a solid 25 to 30 minutes down 95.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM

117 posts, read 246,642 times
And Willowcove is one word.... if we are playing grammar police
That's one error I keep seeing all over these boards. Anyway, I think it's great that people are asking what's around to visit and see here in the Jax/PV/Beaches area. I like seeing everyone's recommendations for shops, restaurants and local attractions. But I do have to say that I find the overuse of "Nocatee" a bit weird too. People ask me where I live and I say Ponte Vedra. Nocatee is a development but it doesn't define me or how I live.
Carry on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville