Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:56 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times

Advertisements

I believe people refer to it as Nocatee vs. PV because Nocatee is it's own town......someone correct me if I'm wrong. So they are technically correct to say they're living in Nocatee.

Even this a.m. on the treadmill at the gym I noticed the weatherman's map had "Nocatee" there, not "Ponte Vedra." That's the extent of my research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 09:56 AM

94 posts, read 190,366 times
Jacksonville needs to evolve in order to improve & grow. Nocatee = New Residents = New Revenue. Its bringing in a migration of people who will help contribute positively to the area (Jobs, purchasing, services, etc) Its no secret that its the schools that are drawing people in and around that area. So I think Jacksonville should welcome the enthusiasm rather than snub it.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto23 View Post
Jacksonville needs to evolve in order to improve & grow. Nocatee = New Residents = New Revenue. Its bringing in a migration of people who will help contribute positively to the area (Jobs, purchasing, services, etc) Its no secret that its the schools that are drawing people in and around that area. So I think Jacksonville should welcome the enthusiasm rather than snub it.
+1. I think any time something big and new comes to an area people's initial reaction is negativity for some reason - jealousy, resentment, etc....who knows. But I see a lot of it on these boards especially from some of the most frequent posters here (you know who you are, wink). I hear a lot of "....when my husband and I drive through the area we notice this and that." If you are so against it, why do you spend so much time driving through it???

I don't live in Nocatee, btw.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:10 AM

117 posts, read 246,270 times
Nocatee is not its own town - at least not that I know of. It's the master planned community development that I pay the CDD fees for I've seen the weather map that you're referring to - but my mail comes to Ponte Vedra, 32081. So I'll stick with that.
I think that the "master plan" has it as a sustainable community that you'd never have to leave...but I really don't think that will be achieved in my lifetime.
I simply enjoy being in the middle of the Beaches, Jax and St. Augustine.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 AM

OK. I found this on Wikipedia (doesn't mean it's correct by any means), but this is why I said it's own town:

"Nocatee has been designed as a complete, sustainable new town to balance work and recreation, in a walkable livable community."

I guess "designed" doesn't equate to it being it's own town, but regardless, I think that's why people say they're from Nocatee since it is essentially it's own not-so-little town.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 AM

199 posts, read 469,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
OK. I found this on Wikipedia (doesn't mean it's correct by any means), but this is why I said it's own town:

"Nocatee has been designed as a complete, sustainable new town to balance work and recreation, in a walkable livable community."

I guess "designed" doesn't equate to it being it's own town, but regardless, I think that's why people say they're from Nocatee since it is essentially it's own not-so-little town.
Interesting thing is that there is already a Nocatee, FL in DeSoto County.

US Post Office
2509 County Road 760, Nocatee, FL 34268

https://www.google.com/maps/place/US...f457ce!6m1!1e1

I suspect that is part of the reason why the zip code serving "Nocatee" has been named Ponte Vedra.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,528,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post

To BlackPeach2 - I think people in Nocatee post here so much because most are newbies who don't know beans about the metro area (the only person here who I recall moved from JAX to Nocatee is Acebab). And apparently many/most don't realize that although their houses are X miles from "the ocean" as the crow flies - that proximity to the ocean isn't the same as beach access. Robyn
I just find it interesting, there is never any news for Nocatee in FTU or JBJ, but when you come here there are 1000 topics about the same thing. I also find it interesting that the mere mention that something seems out of whack generates certain types of replies. I guess the hit dog will holler.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:13 PM

I guess it begs the question then - why would you even open a thread relating to Nocatee if it infuriates you so much? Also, what topics would you like to see posted more often? And "Anything other than another Nocatee thread" does not count.

BTW - I just noticed another Nocatee thread popped up to the top, lol.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:38 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,958 times
I've personally conversed with most of the Nocatee posters and can be pretty confident they are real people with real houses in Nocatee (or looking) and real kids.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:58 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Nocatee is building a ton of houses and people are moving to them. Therefore, they come here to ask questions.
Not a ton of houses IMO. I get all these real estate postcards. And - IIRC - there were about 65 sales in Nocatee in Q1 2014. I'll make a note of what's going on when I get a Q2 postcard. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville