Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM

676 posts, read 936,602 times

Advertisements

I happened to look at an AARP magazine and it had an article about Ormond Beach FL as one of the best affordable cities to retire in. Hard for me to believe so I just wanted to hear from anyone living in OB and are retired. I love that area but never thought it would be on a retirement list. Anyone live there ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,142,117 times
I am interested in this question as well.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:18 AM

858 posts, read 2,993,225 times
Very surprised at the lack of responses; is this the correct forum?

Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 AM

5,195 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
Very surprised at the lack of responses; is this the correct forum?

We do not usually get questions concerning areas below Palm Coast........that being said when looking at the Florida Forum, Daytona does not show up either......so I guess this would be the closest forum for Ormond Beach

I am sure someone will chime in ........give it a bit

Old 12-27-2013, 08:38 AM

24 posts, read 47,624 times
Hi All,
Don't know much about Ormand Beach but have heard it's very nice. I have been through some areas in Ormand Beach not a lot. As for myself , my wife and I have spent some time last spring and this past Oct. looking around Florida for a place to relocate to. After eight weeks looking at different areas we have decided on the Palm Coast area just the next city up from Ormand Beach.

Had always thought we would wind up in Sarasota as my wife's sister has been living there for about 27 years. Sarasota has grown alot and become a bit pricey. We do like the Palm Coast area as it is more laid back ( imo ) and the Flagler beach area we found very relaxing. No condos on th beach appealed to me.

Any way we have our house on the market and are ready to go. Hope this helps some what. Good Luck in your search.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:50 AM

5,195 posts, read 6,139,618 times
There are a lot of Pros and cons on this forum about Palm Coast........do a search and my advise would be to rent to be sure it is for you. It is a lot cheaper to lose a year of rent than purchase and try to sell in a year if it is not for you. Just my two cents. Good luck and welcome

Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 AM

12 posts, read 38,850 times
Default on our way

Don't know how much help this will be, but after a lot of time on line, and several trips, my husband & I have decided on Ormond Beach as our new home in retirement. It's a small town, and has a nice mix of planned communities (with great amenities but many CCRs) and traditional housing. We also like Flagler Beach, but it's too pricey for us. Palm Coast does have nice houses, but doesn't seem to have a sense of community. We have found a vacation rental starting in March and will hopefully close escrow by May. See you there!

Old 02-18-2014, 11:08 AM

190 posts, read 315,810 times
The biggest negative I have heard of about Ormond Beach, Florida is that it sits right next to Daytona Beach, Florida. Where every year for about 3 months (Feb. Mar, Apr.) the traffic is horrendous due to NASCAR Speed Week, Motorcycle Bike Week and Colleges Spring Breaks I have been told that at times during the festivities in Daytona it takes over an hour to get from I-95 to the Intracoastal Waterway, on any of the roads leading to the beaches. It's a normally 15 minute drive at other times of the year, so I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville