Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:34 AM

196 posts, read 428,417 times

Advertisements

I think that what Lisa529 is getting at is that the promise of resturants and stores is NOT why people move to Nocatee. It is about the Lifestyle, proximity to the beach, nature conservation, good schools, etc.

People do not move here or get "sold" on the area because they think one day there might be some good resturants here. Would we like it to have a bit more to offer than Dick's wings - ABSOLUTELY, but is that why people move here - no way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 09:43 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,515,785 times
For the employees there, I'm glad these places are opening back up.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 PM

117 posts, read 246,607 times
Exactly Acebab....and everything is a bit of a drive. But that's ok with me.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 PM

146 posts, read 225,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebab View Post
I think that what Lisa529 is getting at is that the promise of resturants and stores is NOT why people move to Nocatee. It is about the Lifestyle, proximity to the beach, nature conservation, good schools, etc.

People do not move here or get "sold" on the area because they think one day there might be some good resturants here. Would we like it to have a bit more to offer than Dick's wings - ABSOLUTELY, but is that why people move here - no way!
It may not be why people move to Nocatee but it is a selling tool, just as the promise of a new school being built or maybe building a golf course in the future is a selling tool. BTW ... wouldn't the availability of easy access to good restaurants and shopping fall in the Lifestyle category?

Old 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Everything is about 20 minutes away - shopping, restaurants, etc. - heck even the schools are. I think if people need all conveniences within a stones throw right now, then this isn't the neighborhood for them. Nocatee isn't even remotely close to its planned buildout, so I am sure that in time those conveniences will follow. We have a huge Publix right down the street - while neighborhoods all over SJC have a 15 minute + drive to their supermarket. Is Dick's the restaurant I want to have in Nocatee? No. But that's ok. And it was ok that it was closed for the last month. It's not hurting the building, buying or home prices - that's for sure.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:59 PM

32 posts, read 68,553 times
You guys all get so defensive! I think that Nocatee sounds great (a bit out of our $300k budget right now for what we want, but great still) and I think that the people buying there right now have accepted that it is a 2-decade plan. I would bet my life that by 2020 there is a Target and many restaurants including a few gluten free, tofu serving huts and a few upscale chains - it all sells Nocatee! The prospect of having nature in your yards and parks with convenience around the corner is exactly why it's called a MASTER PLAN!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:07 AM

I wasn't being defensive...simply correcting the people who have some misconceptions on the neighborhood I live in. Good luck with your home search!

Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,256,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Why would anyone buy prepared chicken wings when they're so easy/inexpensive to make at home? Robyn
Usually for the camaraderie and good times that come with going out to have wings and beer. That being said, I don't understand the popularity of Dicks Wings specifically. They sucked when I first had them 10-12 years ago, and just recently I gave them a second chance, and they still suck.

A million better places in town for wings, including making them at home.

SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville