Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 18,291 times

Advertisements

Had our home built nothing there but woods one year ago. We moved in got Comcast there was no att because we called them and they said they did not service our area because they had no lines there. Woke up three days ago to three very rude people digging up my yard two feet away from my front door, not in street not on curb in yard, they dug up one of the flowers that was to bloom this summer, stepped on my impatiens and put my mulch which is dyed black on my driveway and it left a black stain. I also had just paid and had the lawn sodded and put in pavers. I called the police to see what to do because ATT they rudely told me they weren't leaving (I was home and no one knocked on my door or put a notice there before starting I was home sleep) and police told me they had lines installed before the house was built, (The police were wonderful) but decided to come out and said that ATT said that the line had been cut and that they had to dig up one of my trees. I let the police know this was not true as ATT had not been in our area, but I complied with police and let them finish. Those ATT people were mad and searched for hours to find a ATT line in my yard and there was none just like I had said, they came back the next day and searched and found nothing, they came back the day after that and found nothing. I didn't worry because I knew nothing was there. Today I found the same rude people now INSTALLING ATT Cable all across and in my yard, just in my yard. They are not in their utility easement area (I checked survey) but they have now made a little man hole cover which they bolted, it looks horrible and run it the entire length of my house. Now here is the big news I never ordered ATT. I have Comcast. This is for a neighbor I was told that is down the street I was told and around the corner. Has anyone run into this? What did you do to get this thing out of your yard and besides cutting it, (I just don't think that is right) have you heard anything? I called ATT and they acted like they had no idea what I am talking about, kept repeating things I said to them over and over. I called 811 and they stated a ticket should have been made to dig all over my yard but that ATT did not follow compliance. I believe they put it there out of spite and I don't want every time there is a problem with this neighbors cable for my yard to be dug up. Let me know and thank you for your time. I have attached a picture of these people who just don't care in my opinion about you, your yard, or the time and money it takes to make things beautiful so we all can have a better nicer community! Let me know and thank you. This emotion icon shows my face how it looked when I woke up the first morning I saw this, it was the first day of summer and I was still in my pjs, actually my child came hollering telling me about the big hole, thank you everyone....
Attached Thumbnails
ATT digging up my yard and installing without consent-811-003-2-640x362-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 05:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
Interesting read. Not sure I'd have allowed them to continue, and I would have told them to get off my property.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
You should have told them to prove with proper documentation that they were there legally and if they could not prove it at that moment they were to leave or be arrested because you are going to charge them with trespassing.

I believe ATT owes you a ton of money and a brand new yard and there is NO reason I can think of to put that mess in your yard for a home down the street and around the corner.

You may need to find a good attorney for this mess.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Ugh they used to be a regulated company and there are tariffs in place about right of way if they still are - I don't know how regulated they are anymore here. Call the Public Service commission to see if they have jurisdiction for a complaint. Welcome to the PSC Web Site

As a former employee let me say good luck. I lasted 2 months when I relocated to FL and got rehired here. They do not do things the way we did in my home state for 30 years. They have a legal department. Find the office of the president AT&T Florida Marshall Criser III and start contacting. Marshall M. Criser III - Florida Chamber of Commerce

Most of the executives operate out of Miami. It's going to be a royal pain, just so you know. Lots of follow up and getting passed around alot but keep on them.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 PM

40 posts, read 88,462 times
I seriously dont think I could control myself in that situation. You must have a tremendous amount of self control.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM

54 posts, read 127,944 times
Wow! Kudos to you for keeping your cool. I consider myself a quite happy person without a bad temper but I am seriously upset reading your story. I'm not sure I would've handled it as well as you did. Sounds like a lawyer is needed to me. Best of luck and sorry this happened to you!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 18,291 times
Thank you everyone for the response I followed the advice given here but nothing was done I just want to thank everyone who helped by responding. I didn't want to leave anyone hanging and wondering what the outcome was. Thank you.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
You must be one calm and collective person, would love to have you as a neighbor!

I am not sure what I would have done, but no way in heck I would have let them proceeded.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:25 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,623 times
Wow.... that's crazy. It even looks like they are posing for the camera.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 AM

195 posts, read 321,941 times
I though that utilities companies could only do work on the easement areas of your property. Maybe you should be seeking the opinion of an attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville