Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,748 times

Advertisements

Just a quick tidbit on the Nocatee CDD. As someone who works for the master Developer I can tell you that the CDD in Nocatee is far from $14,000 per year. Tragically rumors spread and all we can do is get the correct info out there in the hopes that it to will spread too but sadly bad news spread faster than good. The Nocatee CDD varies from neighborhood to neighborhood. From within the neighborhoods it also varies according to lot size. That being said in Austin Park the CDD is between $1300 and $1400 annually for the Capital assessment (which is a 15 year assessment) and $425 annually for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M).
The developer is not transferring all of the debt for the infrastructure to the buyer thru pre-construction sales as we do not sell homes we develop land - considering Nocatee Parkway at completion will be a $130 Million roadway and the Water Park which opens this coming spring is a $30 Million amenity the fees would be astromonical if we tried to pass that $ amount to the buyer, not that we can. There is no fear that the infrastructure will not as it will be complete by spring 2010 come by one of our many events and check out the progress for yourself. Hope the info helps clear things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM

53 posts, read 212,623 times
Any idea if the lap pool in the new water park is gonna be heated in the winter months?
If you don't know...who can I contact to find out?
Thanks!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 16,922 times
Actually the CDD is not a bad deal if you use the amenities. Now if you are on a fixed income and don't use the amenities like swimming, tennis and golf you need to stay away from the CDD community. The post that said $1200 per month is wrong. They meant $1200 per year plus your county property tax. What would you pay to join a country club, gym or swim and tennis club per month?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 AM

12 posts, read 46,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
Good lord, that is horrendous...

I wouldn't ever live in one of those prefab, soulless cookie-cutter communities to begin with, no matter how "prestigious" they purport themselves to be, but I absolutely cannot fathom how people could seriously leak away that kind of money on "dues". I guess there's a natural confluence between keeping the riff-raff out and sucking the idiots in.

Best laugh I've had all day! Well put!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,081 times
I wish I lived in an area with as much crime and urban blight -I mean soul- as areas like Mandarin and downtown Jax.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert1843 View Post
Actually the CDD is not a bad deal if you use the amenities. Now if you are on a fixed income and don't use the amenities like swimming, tennis and golf you need to stay away from the CDD community. The post that said $1200 per month is wrong. They meant $1200 per year plus your county property tax. What would you pay to join a country club, gym or swim and tennis club per month?
that is one of the reasons we bought in oakleaf. at first we looked elsewhere avoiding cdd neighborhoods, but then when I factored in joining a gym, a pool, golf, tennis etc it made more sense to just move in where it is.

it's not a perfect neighborhood, but we really like it.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
I wish I lived in an area with as much crime and urban blight -I mean soul- as areas like Mandarin and downtown Jax.
I live in Mandarin and have no problem with crime or urban blight. Why must you denigrate an area of Jacksonville? I do not appreciate it.
Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?

Old 03-31-2011, 04:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,298 times
JagFan, I wouldn't worry about this guy. By now we are all used to his spewing insults and nobody ever takes him serious.

There's at least one like him on every forum.

I have friends who live in Mandarin and they would agree with you also.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,081 times
cricketfan is his usual cricket brained self I see. I was responding to an insult hurled at anyone who chooses to live in a cdd community. Calling people idiots is not exactly a respectful way to make a point now is it? Now as to who I would take seriously , a fan of cricket ( or crickets ) ( OK Budy Holly and the Crickets were good, I'll give you that) is one I would think twice about.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,504,595 times
A cricket match actually got the prime ministers of Pakistan and India to sit next to one another last night for the first time in ages. Thought that was pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville