Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Nice neighborhoods in NE FL. get inundated, with kids being trucked in from poorer neighborhoods all the time. I'm just surprised a snobby gated community like ML allows all the riff-raff in, no matter who invited them.
These kids are probably from places like the Plantation or Sawgrass or "old Ponte Vedra". Areas without sidewalks - areas with too much traffic - areas where old people turn off their lights at night - etc. I've never had a problem with the nature of the kids - just the sheer numbers of them. Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrunner View Post
...But the biggest problem to me in gated or HOA's is lack of control of my own property. In fact, in HOA's I am forced to pay a lot of money out every month for a committee to decide what I can do with it...
I "took a walk" through Dolphin Cove this morning on Google and apparently a fair number of people take advantage of no one telling them what to do. Horrible landcaping. Houses with 3/4 dead lawns and cars parked all over them. Garbage cans and other junk in front of the houses (not on the curb for garbage pick-up). Houses that didn't look to be in good repair. "Additions" that looked like they were glued onto houses. Of course - not all houses looked like dumps. But a fair number did. Perhaps this is your cup of tea. It isn't mine.

I would invite you to "take a walk" through Marsh Landing on Google. But gated communities don't generally allow Google trucks in to film. You can get an aerial of my house - but you can't "take a walk". Robyn

Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I "took a walk" through Dolphin Cove this morning on Google and apparently a fair number of people take advantage of no one telling them what to do. Horrible landcaping. Houses with 3/4 dead lawns and cars parked all over them. Garbage cans and other junk in front of the houses (not on the curb for garbage pick-up). Houses that didn't look to be in good repair. "Additions" that looked like they were glued onto houses. Of course - not all houses looked like dumps. But a fair number did. Perhaps this is your cup of tea. It isn't mine.

I would invite you to "take a walk" through Marsh Landing on Google. But gated communities don't generally allow Google trucks in to film. You can get an aerial of my house - but you can't "take a walk". Robyn
WOW! A virtual "walk" on Google ...how invigorating and healthy! Not really time sensitive, as the scenes shown may have been from ... God knows when. Glad to see snobby people do visit the real world every now and then, even if it is only virtually to put them down. Did you have to get a "Google Passport" to leave your perfectly safe Stepford community?
Quote:
You can get an aerial of my house - but you can't "take a walk". Robyn
My favorite line - proving Marsh Landing is even snobby on Google!

Question? ... What is "Horrible landcaping" what kind of caps are people putting on their land?

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-11-2012 at 04:31 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Really wouldn't do to go around a strange neighborhood taking pictures. I think that only Google can get away with that.

Horrible landscaping = a lawn that is 3/4 dead with a bunch of cars parked on the lawn. Plus maybe a bunch of scraggly bushes that don't look like they've had any TLC since the builder put them in 30 years ago.

If not liking a place that has a lot of residents who think that the "trailer trash" look is perfectly acceptable - and that makes me a snob - so be it. I know people without a lot of money who take pride in their houses - and spend a lot of time and effort to make them look nice. Robyn

Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Really wouldn't do to go around a strange neighborhood taking pictures. I think that only Google can get away with that.
Why not? As long as your on public property (ie..a public street) you can take pictures of whatever you want to ... it's the law. As long as you don't leave the public access area, and go onto private property.
Quote:
Horrible landscaping = a lawn that is 3/4 dead with a bunch of cars parked on the lawn. Plus maybe a bunch of scraggly bushes that don't look like they've had any TLC since the builder put them in 30 years ago.
Ohhh! A typo whodathunk it?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 PM

What typo? Robyn

Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
What typo? Robyn
Landcaping - line 3 word 10

Quote:

Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Deleted (wasn't a nice message). Robyn

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Deleted (wasn't a nice message). Robyn
Very civil!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 AM

104 posts, read 341,116 times
Quote:
I know people without a lot of money who take pride in their houses - and spend a lot of time and effort to make them look nice. Robyn
As long as they don't live next door to you, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville