Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 AM

530 posts, read 1,356,052 times

Advertisements

By the way....grant me 77 million dollars and I will keep 200 people employed for a couple years and keep a good amount of pocket change for myself at the end. Relieve congestion? Really ? Oh Charlie, whatever cross dressing bar you are in right now , I hope you are enjoying life and staying away from my tax payer dollars. Stay tan my friend.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,529,424 times
why would you use 9b to get a latte?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM

530 posts, read 1,356,052 times
the question is ...what use does it have ? latte ...smoothie....walmart run? Whatever your thing is...I drink too much coffee...... point is, it is flushing money down the toilet . Can you find a justifiable reason for the money spent? I have even spoken to some of the guys on the crew working on it, and they just nod in agreement and cash their paycheck. Can't blame them, but even they know it is a complete waste of money and serves no purpose. At least the "road to no where " actually did go somewhere that had previously been isolated. This spills out about a mile further down on US 1 then the current exit on 9A. Phase 2 might as well be lumped in with finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, as that is where the money will come from when it is found. Even then , it is a continuation of a needless road with a lot of money that could be better spent...and by spent , I mean spent by me and never going to the black hole of the fed and state gov's slush fund.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,550,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
For me the completion on 9B will mean one thing ..... maybe the single biggest waste of 77 million dollars ever. It will shave off a minute driving to get a latte ....so that is about 2,500,000 lattes that we get 60 seconds faster . FYI......from the Times Union ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
why would you use 9b to get a latte?
To save a minutes worth of time!!! Can't you read?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMikey View Post
Are you talking about 9B or is there something coming even closer to Nocatee?
9A/9B their all the same to me as I will never use it, whatever it is! I zip right by Nocatee headed to St Augustine on US-1 without giving it (9B or Nocatee) a second thought.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM

219 posts, read 512,736 times
I think Phase 1 of 9B is a bit useless. Yeah, shave off a couple minutes to the Town Center. Phase 2 I kinda of see the value in to get everyone west on racetrack onto 95. As it is now they have to go WAY out of their way. They can be on top of the highway in minutes... getting on it is another story.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,529,424 times
I do agree that I have no clue what the purpose of the road is.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,041 times
I am surprised to see this question. I have lived in Heritage Landing for 7 years now and have only found it to be a safe and quiet place to raise my children. We have A-rated schools, everything you could dream of in amenities, and are close to everything but Target. I love that we are in a woodsy area along a scenic road convenient to shopping, I-95, and the river. The beach and all the happenings of historic downtown St. Augustine are only 20 minutes away. If you are looking for city living,then it's not for you. I personally like escaping the hustle and bustle to relax and live a little.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:36 PM

5 posts, read 23,235 times
Default King and Bear

I can only speak to the benefits of living in the King and Bear, since we moved there a year ago.
We LOVE this neighborhood!! It is so beautiful! Yes, there is a golf course and country club, but we aren't golfers and we don't feel like we don't fit in. Many people here just enjoy the other amenities such as the two pools (one is a lap pool), the fitness center which also has classes(small fee), the amenity center which can be rented free of charge, tennis courts, the playground and sports field. On Friday and Sunday nights the King and Bear's Champion Grill is open to the public for Happy Hour and dinner. I believe you can go there also for breakfast and lunch any other day of the week.
The maintenance of the neighborhood is impeccable and it is gated (two gates). It is very safe and we have security constantly patrolling the neighborhood.
There homes here range from the mid 200's to the million plus! There are many small sub-divisions or areas within the King and Beach with different "personalities" We even have a beautiful Condo complex with a fantastic Spa, called Laterra. We are zoned for St. John's County Schools!! The homeowner's dues are $400 quarterly.

Check out this neighborhood! I think you will be impressed!!

On a side note: Both Murabella and Palencia has pretty steep fees to live there....which is why we did not buy there.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-08-2015, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 23,235 times
Default King and Bear

I can only speak to the benefits of living in the King and Bear, since we moved there a year ago.
We LOVE this neighborhood!! It is so beautiful! Yes, there is a golf course and country club, but we aren't golfers and we don't feel like we don't fit in. Many people here just enjoy the other amenities such as the two pools (one is a lap pool), the fitness center which also has Zumba and yoga classes(small fee), the amenity center which can be rented free of charge, tennis courts, the playground and sports field. On Friday and Sunday nights the King and Bear's Champion Grill is open to the public for Happy Hour and dinner. I believe you can go there also for breakfast and lunch any other day of the week.
The maintenance of the neighborhood is impeccable and it is gated (two gates). It is very safe and we have security constantly patrolling the neighborhood.
There homes here range from the mid 200's to the million plus! There are many small sub-divisions or areas within the King and Beach with different "personalities" We even have a beautiful Condo complex with a fantastic Spa, called Laterra. We are zoned for St. John's County Schools!!

The homeowner's dues are $400 quarterly.

Check out this neighborhood! I think you will be impressed!!

On a side note: Both Murabella and Palencia has pretty steep fees to live there....which is why we did not buy there.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:44 AM

148 posts, read 427,089 times
I too am surprised to see this question, I wrote it in 2011 before I ever moved to Jacksonville. It looks like, at some point, someone started spamming the thread and it made it to the top again. Today it's at the top of the forum again. Perhaps it automatically rotates or something. So yes, Muzzy, I would agree that Heritage Landing is a safe and quiet place to raise children. Maybe this will now put this question to rest for good. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville