Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,332 times

Advertisements

The movie theater is always a good choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,382,577 times
Sure can tell you are much younger than 60!
When it was pretty cold earlier this week, nothing was moving in our apt complex! Only a couple of young folks out taking a stroll and here and there a "dog walker" doing their thing. Other than that, it was like a Ghosttown here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Well, it's not really been all that cold during the day (I know, some people are more sensitive to it, I'm talking about for most of us.). I've been doing things outside just like before. Just might not be wearing a short sleeve shirt. Those from down here may have to wear something a little heavier. But it's not so cold you can't do things.

Now is the best time of the year for hikes through the parks. The mosquitos are gone (for now) so you can walk and not worry about losing weight through blood loss.

Obviously, we get even MORE sun (if that's possible) this time of the year (i.e. it doesn't really rain all that much). Enjoy it.

Get some yardwork you've been putting off done while you can still do it without sweating your butt off.

Go to the zoo.

Go down to the beach, a lot less crowded this time of the year. Great time to just walk and enjoy the ocean.

This is my favorite time of the year.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 PM

86 posts, read 174,682 times
I don't know about everyone else. But we do the same things when it's cold outside as we do when it is hotter that Heck outside, just for different reasons.
Winter time - anything inside because it's cold and that is where the heater is
middle of summer- anything inside because that is where the AC is :-)

Florida is one of those states that regardless of the time of year there are very few things that you can't do year round. Mostly you stay out of the water when it's to cold, other wise everything else is still free game. It's just "What do you want to do?"

Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Sure can tell you are much younger than 60!
When did 60 become old?

Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,092,767 times
FWIW I'm almost 60 and we're going out of our way to come down there for a visit in two weeks. Of course by then it probably won't be chilly anymore.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 AM

Ok, I'm 62 and when "age" is brought up between myself and a person who is 40.......I'm OLD (20 yrs older at that)! Heck, 10 yrs ago, I done more than I can do now! Of course two previous surgeries have contributed to that as well. When I tell the younger generation that I use to type out Purchase Orders on an electric typewriter, fill out a UPS Book for shipping, keep inventory on 4 x 6 index cards OR that I graduated in 1968......I'm OLD to them! No, I'm not 70 or higher yet, but I'm still old........to some folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
When did 60 become old?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
It's been chilly lately, and the holiday festivities are in the past. What do people do for fun when in January, or when it gets cold like this?
Cold like this...haha cold like what 50's ....60's? Hahha...ah perspective.

The real question is what do you do for fun in July when the temperature is 90 and the humidity 100....thats the real question.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,737,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Cold like this...haha cold like what 50's ....60's? Hahha...ah perspective.

The real question is what do you do for fun in July when the temperature is 90 and the humidity 100....thats the real question.
We turn up the A/C or head for the beach. It's the price we pay for living in paradise.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Another idea: Hook up the old powerboat and put it on the river or Intercoastal for a ride on the water! Have a cooler full of "cold-ones", water and soda to boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
We turn up the A/C or head for the beach. It's the price we pay for living in paradise.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Well, everyone who moves here SHOULD already know that there is plenty of heat and humidity BEFORE they even pack up and move here. Bottom line is.......THAT'S Florida weather. It took us some time to get use to it, but when the temps here are in the 40's, 50's and lower 60's during the day, we REALLY want those hot/humid days back!

We use to live south of Denver, CO. We knew what the winter weather was like there before we moved there. I sometimes read on the Denver forum about people complaining about the cold weather, snow and ice. All some of the locals can do is laugh because THAT is part of a "snowbelt" area, just like heat/humidity is part of Florida.

[quote=jp03;22438706]Cold like this...haha cold like what 50's ....60's? Hahha...ah perspective.

The real question is what do you do for fun in July when the temperature is 90 and the humidity 100....thats the real question.[/QUOTE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville