Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 23,222 times

Advertisements

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knew what was the best way to get to Gainesville from Jax airport? My friend and I are travelling over there for Fest in October and the cheapest way to do it was Dublin->Chicago->Jax. Only problem is, we don't get there until 23:26pm so it doesn't tie in with the Greyhound buses. Rnways has closed down too so we're sort of stuck trying to figure out the best way to get there at that time of night. There is the Floridian Transport company which offers taxis there for $126 but they haven't replied to my emails or booking request, so I'm wondering are they even in business anymore!? Anyone have any ideas? All are appreciated :P

Or does anyone even know how much a taxi would be? Are there many taxis outside JAX at that time of night? I know GNV is about 90mins away...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateAle View Post
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knew what was the best way to get to Gainesville from Jax airport? My friend and I are travelling over there for Fest in October and the cheapest way to do it was Dublin->Chicago->Jax. Only problem is, we don't get there until 23:26pm so it doesn't tie in with the Greyhound buses. Rnways has closed down too so we're sort of stuck trying to figure out the best way to get there at that time of night. There is the Floridian Transport company which offers taxis there for $126 but they haven't replied to my emails or booking request, so I'm wondering are they even in business anymore!? Anyone have any ideas? All are appreciated :P

Or does anyone even know how much a taxi would be? Are there many taxis outside JAX at that time of night? I know GNV is about 90mins away...
Rent a car? A taxi would be outrageously expensive. Or read the DM I sent with another option.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 11,609 times
Next time you price travel to GNV, check the fare calculator at flygainesville.com. The $100 fare difference to GNV from Dublin would be making up the cost difference for your midnight drive from out of town. Plus, how much is your time worth?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:12 PM

139 posts, read 409,845 times
I have used Floridian Transportation in the past and have been very satisfied with their fares. The last time I used them was three months ago however so I can't verify that they are still in business. Have you tried to call them? Floridian Transportation (904) 415-9779 info@floridiantransportation.com

Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsim View Post
I have used Floridian Transportation in the past and have been very satisfied with their fares. The last time I used them was three months ago however so I can't verify that they are still in business. Have you tried to call them? Floridian Transportation (904) 415-9779 info@floridiantransportation.com
If you go to their website they quote a price of $126.00 to Gainesville w/o gratuity so with gratuity your looking at $150 easy. Here's the link...
Rates | Floridian Transportation

Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 23,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsim View Post
I didn't ring because I live in Ireland so don't know how much that would cost! Might see about trying skype. I was worried reading a few reviews, people said that they were left stranded and the taxi never showed up for them =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainesville Reg Airport View Post
Next time you price travel to GNV, check the fare calculator at flygainesville.com. The $100 fare difference to GNV from Dublin would be making up the cost difference for your midnight drive from out of town. Plus, how much is your time worth?
I looked into flying Dublin->Gainesville and it worked out about €200 more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
If you go to their website they quote a price of $126.00 to Gainesville w/o gratuity so with gratuity your looking at $150 easy. Here's the link...
Rates | Floridian Transportation
That $126 includes the gratuity, apparently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville