Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,346 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im new on here and i was wondering about the st.John's Bluff rd area or beach blvd area. We live in S.C. and were looking to move there next year,also my sister lives there. We visited some and really seem to like it so far,I know its got to be better than here! Any comments and be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 08:59 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Smile Great area!

The actual intersection of St. Johns Bluff & Beach Blvd itself is commercial, but there are a lot of neighborhoods tucked in behind it all.

It's a very convenient spot as you can traverse in multiple directions quickly and easily, including 9A (the ramps are right there on Beach).

Drive east on Beach, you run straight into the ocean. Drive west on Beach, you run straight into downtown. Drive south on St. Johns Bluff, you run straight into the St. Johns Town Center (it brings you to the northern end...near Publix). So the location has a lot going for it.

There are a few new/newer neighborhoods in the immediate area, but the bulk of the new neighborhoods are closer to Kernan Blvd and further east.

I live in this vicinity and like it a lot, there is so much to do right here - shopping, restaurants, the beach - I never feel like the area is lacking in anything .

Last edited by riveree; 07-22-2007 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: misspelled a word...oops!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 AM

20 posts, read 84,777 times
Anything bad about this area Riveree? Also was considering this genral location. Would like either a fairly new existing house, or a brand new house. Price range of $275,000 to $325,000

Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,346 times
Thanks riveree, info is very helpful. We visited and seemed really nice,i think anyone that lives near a beach has to love the beach. Of course some people would get bored after a while,but i don't think i ever will!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 PM

265 posts, read 994,186 times
This is very opinionated of me but what the heck. I have met more than one person here who eschews the beach. When they tell me of their dislike of the beach I want to say, "please move away, you congest our roads and in my opinion need to relocate to the upper midwest, South Dakota maybe?"

Old 07-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawstudent View Post
This is very opinionated of me but what the heck. I have met more than one person here who eschews the beach. When they tell me of their dislike of the beach I want to say, "please move away, you congest our roads and in my opinion need to relocate to the upper midwest, South Dakota maybe?"
Maybe we should all chip in for a billboard?

Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Upstate View Post
Anything bad about this area Riveree? Also was considering this genral location. Would like either a fairly new existing house, or a brand new house. Price range of $275,000 to $325,000

Some people might view the density as a negative, but that's a personal preference. The roads are good in this area, and they do move. Nearly all of the major roads (and even some of the minor ones) are currently, or recently have been, improved with widening, additional turning lanes, etc., so I personally don't mind the dense population as long as we are all moving (I guess that's the city girl in me !).

Another pro, or con, depending on your view, is that the area has a lot of twenty-somethings. There are 2 colleges right off this intersection: UNF & FCCJ (University of North Florida & Florida Community College of Jacksonville). I like the vibrancy the "kids" bring, but I could do without the tricked-out Hondas they drive at warp speed . I find the twenty-somethings in Jax to be pretty nice and peaceful overall and I like living around them. The median age for this area (32246) is 31.7, according to City-Data.

For the price range you are looking at ($275-$325k) you should have no problem finding a newer home. If your price range was lower, say $200k, I might advise a different part of town. When you get into the lower price range in this area, the neighborhoods tend to have been built in the 80's and a lot of them were not designed very well. Today, they don't look so nice...kind of junky. But once you get into the $250k and up range, there's no problem getting into the nicer locations here, so you're golden Ed .

Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 PM

57 posts, read 379,210 times
have you considered st augustine

Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Upstate View Post
Hi ed
You will be looking at homes from 1800 to 2000 sq ft.
riveree and I are about 15 mins away from each other you will have many choices.
Depending on where you will travel to work you might want to be closer to one road over another.
I personally would look at a newer existing house over a new construction at this point. I have seen to many new construction houses where the builder has lowered prices causing the folks who built to actually lose money.
sending you some more info in a PM
karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville