Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 PM

28 posts, read 94,824 times

Advertisements

I am lliving in Texas and I am glad that they don't have state tax, it saves allot in the long run more money in our checks and better returns. I wish that Iowa would follow suit, that state is already suffering enough, raising local taxes and stuff...wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 PM

415 posts, read 1,741,340 times
Well, I'm glad that Iowa doesn't have the high crime, high pollution, and low education levels of Texas. To each their own.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,129,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbyesmommie08 View Post
I am lliving in Texas and I am glad that they don't have state tax, it saves allot in the long run more money in our checks and better returns. I wish that Iowa would follow suit, that state is already suffering enough, raising local taxes and stuff...wow.
Dont forget we have the HIGHEST corporate tax brackets in the nation. And as the legislature wraps up the 2009 sesssion this weeke they are talking sex offenders and eliminating our federal deductability. It confuses me why they never address this. This state is brain dead when it comes to attracting new business. I don't think half the people here could run a lemonade stand.

At least you Texans get it I wouldn't want to LIVE in texas though

Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Dont forget we have the HIGHEST corporate tax brackets in the nation. And as the legislature wraps up the 2009 sesssion this weeke they are talking sex offenders and eliminating our federal deductability. It confuses me why they never address this. This state is brain dead when it comes to attracting new business. I don't think half the people here could run a lemonade stand.

At least you Texans get it I wouldn't want to LIVE in texas though
Yeah we do get it that is why we would make it as a seprate country too, however I wouldn't be for that...ft worth is a very popular place to live, low crime ect...low costs for house compaired to other places.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCityImages View Post
Well, I'm glad that Iowa doesn't have the high crime, high pollution, and low education levels of Texas. To each their own.
Wow high crime? Where? I live in Fort Worth one of the top rated cities in Texas with the best prices for houses. yes I agree with the schools, Iowa does have better ones, but its so much better here...

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times
I would live in Iowa before I would ever consider Texas. The main reason is the heat. I can not deal with it along with the scorching sun. Triple digits for long periods of time along with humidity are not appealing in the least.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:43 PM

200 posts, read 633,654 times
Me personally would rather take 2 months of extreme heat rather than 4-5 months of a cold gloomy winter

Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM

23,265 posts, read 29,113,630 times
Complaining abut state tax in Iowa? Oh Please! When I left the Midwest, it was either Texas or Nevada. Yes, no state income tax in Texas but those property taxes will eat you alive! And sales taxes on groceries! I chose Nevada, no state income tax either, but my friend pays $5000 a year in property taxes in Texas for a house appraised at $250k or more, and I pay $600 a year for a house appraised at $175k and no sales tax on my groceries. Yes, housing prices are always going to be cheaper in Texas, which is what lures so many people down there, but watch their reaction to their first property tax bill!

As my friend says about Texas: Everything is BIG in Texas including taxes!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-28-2009 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: Add a line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa