Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:44 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,700,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ111 View Post
I went to the court today with another explanation to defend myself.

They gave me to go for STOP class.

Thanks for your support guys!

I don't know the "...go for STOP class." lingo you used. What exactly is that? I assume that it is in lieu of points &/or a fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 03:57 PM

1,485 posts, read 2,255,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Yeah you are likely screwed.

Tangentially related to the OP...
I got pulled over going 41 in a 35, but the cop believed it was a 30. I told him it was a 35, he said no it was a 30... blah blah blah... After I was let go, I drove around the block and it was a 35, so I took pictures of the speed limit sign and showed up to court. I did not hire a lawyer and had the ticket thrown out. This was in Alabama.
Most cops in AL don't even bother with people going 10 over. The flow of traffic is often 10 above the posted speed limit, even with cops *visibly* perched. They're actually more likely to nab you for going 53 in a 55 zone because you're impeding the flow of traffic.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:26 AM

30 posts, read 47,418 times
glad to hear that . . .on such a minimal overspeed my argument would be "Do you expect me to be staring at my speedometer and ignoring the road and traffic around me. . ..just so I don't go over the speed limit?" . ..I have used that defense before on a ticket and won .. . ..I don't recall what the ticket was written for but it was silly and I decided to make use of my constitional rights and I won. Unless your using cruise you could be driving at a speed and vary 5-7-10 miles per hour from that speed, depending on the vehicle, and not notice that variance until you glance at the speedometer.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,518 times
Hey Guys,

Later I came to know the place I went is usually will give a class before hearing from Judge.

I chose that option!!!

Old 06-21-2015, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 11,518 times
They gave me STOP class in lieu of points and fine.

As soon as I enter the court room, I am nervous little bit. There is a clerk and she is very nice and pleasant full. After saying the reason of my presence then she said I would like to give you a class instead of fine and points. Do you want to chose the option and I said immediately Yes.

On the day of STOP class --- A person asked Instructor about 5-7 mph over speeding limit and he said if thats situation that they stop you, then you can make a case and defend yourself in court.

He said mostly in middle of nights, COPS look for DUI especially 12:00-6:00 am.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2015, 12:54 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,352,090 times
Good for you. Glad it all worked out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: