Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 AM

115 posts, read 302,259 times

Advertisements

I'm afraid I've been conned out of $135.32 due to some outfit called YourCornerStoreDOTcom.

They never sent me the beautiful pocket knife I paid for and have not answered my 3 emails ... so it looks like I've been had.

Do any of you folks know of an agency that specializes in going after such dirtbags? I hold no hope of getting my money back or anything, but would like to see something done so as to spare others from taking it up the rear-end the way I got it.

Thanks in advance for your time and any suggestion you might have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 02:34 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,942,884 times
You can call you bank and the police / sheriffs office.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
You can call you bank and the police / sheriffs office.
Thanks! I did let my bank know about it. Wells Fargo has always been good to me, so maybe they'll reimburse me (even though they shouldn't because it's not their fault).

Old 03-19-2010, 11:18 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,938,960 times
Better Business Bureau... .see if they have links or storefronts at Amazon or eBay and leave appropriate remarks.

Hopefully you paid with a CC and can dispute the charges.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,154,252 times
You can always check the whois information but that will probably lead you no where.

Whois lookup and Domain name search

I wouldn't give up yet, one tactic a lot of these fly by night stores use is the 'ole bait and switch.. Once they have your money they will give you the run around about it, not answer emails, tell you its on backorder...etc. Once they have strung you along for while then they'll tell you the item you ordered is no longer stocked BUT they can either refund your money or for addtional X amount of money we can send you this similar product that will priced at normal cost.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:04 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,673,645 times
File a complaint online with the Internet Crime Complaint Center run by the FBI.
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

Old 03-20-2010, 04:21 AM

I sincerely thank all of you folks for being so generous to respond the way you did!

I got a call (after I posted) from a Wells Fargo investigator and was told that the store person intends to redeposit my money during this weekend sometime. I hope so!

Even if they do, it sure was crummy of him to force me to get someone from the bank on his butt. Actions speak louder than words, so we'll see.

Again, Thanks Much for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet