Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 10:28 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,772 times

Advertisements

Is there a computer geek out there who can offer a solution for this problem?

I can stream a radio station but when i view Youtube, TMZ, or other web sites with videos I get no sound.

I have Internet Explorer and Firefox and no sound on either. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe flash and gone to the control panel to check settings and still nothing. The sound just quit working on day. No idea why. I have tried internet searches and have not found a solution. I really dont want to spend the money on a repair if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

Thxs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I'm not trying to be insulting (if this sounds like I am), but have you've gone to Volume Control and checked that you don't have anything muted or the volume turned down? I assume you have since you said you checked the settings; I just wanted to make sure.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:44 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,503,366 times
Check the volume control, and in particular check the wave volume control.

Verify that your flash player, java and shockwave and whatever other web players are at the proper versions. If not, un install them and re-install them.

This issue can be an annoying one to track down. Also uninstall and reinstall your sound card drivers. (if you have a prebuilt PC, should be easy to find on your PC manufacturer's site)

And lastly, run windows update. Sometimes they have driver fixes, etc there.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 151,169 times
Angry Same Problem, New Symptoms

I have the same problem, and when doing google searches to find a solution, I found this! I also have a new thing to add about this problem.

When going into control panel>sounds, speech, audio devices>sounds and audio devices>volume

The new window that opens, in the Volume tab, tells me that there is "No Audio Device"

My original problem was that the volume icon in the task bar was not showing up. Then I noticed that videos had no sound, though itunes, and similar programs do. This may be a large problem...

Can someone tell me why my computer isn't recognizing my speakers, and, of course, how to FIX this problem??
Thank you.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 151,169 times
Talking 2 Minutes After Posting...

I started fiddling with the settings....

Control panel>Sounds speech and audio devices>Audio devices>Audio

First section in there... Sound Playback --- Default Device.... is... make sure it's on your correct speakers...
Hit Apply... and congrats.

At least for me. CONGRATS, ME!!

Hope this helps.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 75,491 times
Default Jaycobkay, i have EXACTLY the same problem.

i tried the thing that workedfor you but i only have one choice 'Modem #2 Line Playback' and it doesnt work.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! i cant even get into the volume control. it wont allow me to click on anything in the 'volume' section. im sure there is something wrong there. help!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:12 AM

1,368 posts, read 6,503,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Nacar View Post
i tried the thing that workedfor you but i only have one choice 'Modem #2 Line Playback' and it doesnt work.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! i cant even get into the volume control. it wont allow me to click on anything in the 'volume' section. im sure there is something wrong there. help!
Go to:

Right click my Computer > Properties > Hardwar > Device Manager >
List back here any items that have a Yellow ! next to them.
Also, try right clicking said device(s) and selecting "Update Driver"
If none show with !s or Red Xs:
Select any category then go > Action > Scan for Hardware changes

and see if anything pops up.

If it can't update the driver, respond back here with the device, and make and model of your PC.

Like my Laptop is an HP DV8130US.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 62,870 times
I am having the same problem but there is no yellow!. I can get sound through dvd or cds but no sound at all on internet games movies or radio. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 51,782 times
my computer is not geting sound,like u guys,but unlike you,i cant hear youtube either!
But,when i plug in a headset(with mic) it works?!?!
Any Awnsers?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,634 times
My sound left when Windows 10 downloaded without my knowledge. Tried. Finally a dear friend just deleted sound card and downloaded another one and BINGO! sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet