Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 11:40 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,674,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStraw View Post
Yes I understand that. For example I have a domain name that is not hosted and I have the option of either paying to add an email account or I can forward email coming to my un-hosted Domain name to another email provider.
But that means there must be another email account somewhere such as Hotmail, gMail or whatever. That's back to square one and isn't really a solution to not depending on an email service provider such as gMail etc.
My post wasn't concerning whether a Domain Name needs hosting or not. It was to clarify that just getting the Domain Name wasn't the solution to not depending on a email provider.
It's not that simple and that is why I posted my reply davebarnes, to ask if he could suggest what Register may provide such a service without being hosted. He may know of one.

Got ya,

It still has to be hosted, even by the registrar, so I don't believe you are going to find a free one with a standard $10 a year domain registrar. You may find a more expensive registration that includes hosted email for free though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 10:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Elnina, take a look at Inbox.com I've heard good reports about this company, and am planning to get a new account there. I'm less and less inclined to even log into the Google system: every time I do, I feel like I'm compromising more and more privacy.

Three or four years ago, Gmail offered a reasonable alternative to a web-based email, and thus could provide a safe second email addy, but the last year or so there have been many changes, and I don't like any of them.
Yes, I have had a inbox.com email since 2007 and no issues at all

Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,104,813 times
Elnina, try mail.ru. I don't think it is linked to Google, nor to Yahoo. It has worked well for me in limited usage, but I don't read the Russian portal very well so I don't use it much. It has all the usual email features, and appears to be linked to a Russian social network, but I haven't experienced any crossover junk or spam.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 528 times
Did you by any chance change the date on your computer recently?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
Welcome ashore my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina
Cleaned cookies, history, rebooted - nothing.
Bastards!
Check your IP histroy Elnina (@ the bottom of the page) when you can get back in..... Is it possible someone is entering your acct and doing suspicious things??

Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 PM

16,559 posts, read 19,758,258 times
(This post is 2 months old, I'm guessing she's ok now)

Old 05-05-2015, 01:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
Ahhhhhhhhh I didnt see the date......... I hope she got it resolved

Old 05-05-2015, 01:57 PM

61,915 posts, read 87,471,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
(This post is 2 months old, I'm guessing she's ok now)
Yes, I am OK, and it didn't happen since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
sometimes you keep telling people the same thing with the same NO result! LOL
Of course I read what you all are telling me to do! Otherwise, why would I post it?
I did changed my password immediately (2 steps, that's it!) and I didn't noticed any changes in activities - more spam, or hacked account etc. Maybe this was just a computer/server glitch?

I do have several email addresses, even few European, but gmail is the most used, and there is also a chat option (without installing anything on work computer) which I use at work Its easier to contact co-workers in other departments than texting on the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet