Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:02 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,219,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was not told how to get rid of the rootkit from my system.
Well dude, you never gave any feedback from the advice you were given either, last comment you had was you had gas.....

So we assumed your rootkit problem was fixed after you farted on your system a few times....

Quote:
The feature that I am unable to use on T-Mobile is the Parental Controls feature. When I try to enter the phone number of someone I want to block from calling me I can't enter the number.
Hmmm, a normal person would call T Mobile support and ask them why...

Support: Home

So if you want to continue this charade with browser speeds I'll ask one of the mods to fold this thread into this one:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/inter...b-browser.html

Because they both deal with the exact same problem(s) you are having.....

I wonder what the cosmic significance is of you opening this thread almost three months to the day of your last one...

Can we expect this thread topic once a quarter from you?

Last edited by plwhit; 10-25-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Hmmm, a normal person would call T Mobile support and ask them why...

Support: Home

So if you want to continue this charade with browser speeds I'll ask one of the mods to fold this thread into this one:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/inter...b-browser.html

Because they both deal with the exact same problem(s) you are having.....

I wonder what the cosmic significance is of you opening this thread almost three months to the day of your last one...

Can we expect this once a quarter from you?

I rather not call because every time I called with a issue the stupid customer service people can't solve the problem.

And I thought Opera was NEW because of the speed unlike Chrome. Someone recommended Opera and I thought it was new so now i see that's it's not.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM

389 posts, read 1,220,149 times
Quote:
Not sure what else to do. When I download then and start using them all of them run slow. But the Opera browser doesn't which is odd. I don't want to use Opera anymore because it's a lot of things that I can't do when I'm on that browser.

Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks
I'd clear out the clutter on your cache and browsing history. Also check your start-up menu. A lot of trash is loaded which only slows things up.

I usually clear out the cache, download history and form and search history every day.

You are correct about Opera but it has its limitations. I believe it is correct to say that Chrome is generally the fastest browser but personally I'm addicted to Firefox.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmissourimule View Post
I'd clear out the clutter on your cache and browsing history. Also check your start-up menu. A lot of trash is loaded which only slows things up.

I usually clear out the cache, download history and form and search history every day.

You are correct about Opera but it has its limitations. I believe it is correct to say that Chrome is generally the fastest browser but personally I'm addicted to Firefox.
Maybe Chrome only works on a PC and not a laptop? The chrome browser on my mom's computer never froze at all. So I wonder why it doesn't work on a laptop.

And the cache and download history is not the issue because Chrome would still freeze after I did that.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
And I thought Opera was NEW because of the speed unlike Chrome. Someone recommended Opera and I thought it was new so now i see that's it's not.
Hey!!! Almost identical response as one you posted in your other thread:

Quote:
Well someone recommended it to me and I thought it was a NEW BROWSER since it was working so much better than the other browsers.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe Chrome only works on a PC and not a laptop? The chrome browser on my mom's computer never froze at all. So I wonder why it doesn't work on a laptop.

And the cache and download history is not the issue because Chrome would still freeze after I did that.
Not to get nasty but when are you going to get it through your head there is something wrong with your system?

All the top browsers in the world won't work on your system, even your favorite super-speed browser has issues on your system.....

But it's not your system, it's the browsers....

Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Hey!!! Almost identical response as one you posted in your other thread:
Because I;m responding to you bringing up a old thread. Yes I started a thread praising the Opera Browser but now I see that it has it's limitations

Old 10-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
not to get nasty but when are you going to get it through your head there is something wrong with your system?

All the top browsers in the world won't work on your system, even your favorite super-speed browser has issues on your system.....

But it's not your system, it's the browsers....
how the hell do i fix the system???

Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 PM

The questions I asked you on July 27, 2012 which you basically told me to screw off:

~ what AV software do you have installed and what are the options?

~ what malware software do you have installed and what are the options?

~ what spyware do you have installed and what are the options?

~ when was the last time you ran a full system scan (and with what progs) with current defs?

~ have you done any research about this issue and what other people have done to fix it?

~ what OS and what version?

From the research I was able to do on your problem (unresponsive pages):

Chrome: Google Groups

Quote:
I was able to solve it via removing the tdss rootkit. This nasty bugger evaded avs,avast, microtrend, malwarebytes, spywaredoctor, and a few more I can't remember.

The big tip off was when I tried a full antivirus scan, avast crashed with a ugigenskin error. forums say to goto avast.ini file and set something to zero I forget. Doesn't work

How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)? <- my solution

my atapi.sys was infected.

Many of us here tried to help you the last time around and all you did was jerk our chains so you think we're going to go out of our way this time around?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
The questions I asked you on July 27, 2012 which you basically told me to screw off:

~ what AV software do you have installed and what are the options?

~ what malware software do you have installed and what are the options?

~ what spyware do you have installed and what are the options?

~ when was the last time you ran a full system scan (and with what progs) with current defs?

~ have you done any research about this issue and what other people have done to fix it?

~ what OS and what version?

From the research I was able to do on your problem (unresponsive pages):

Chrome: Google Groups

Wow I created that thread in July? Damm time is just FLYING.

I don't know the answers to any of those questions so I will just wait for someone to respond who may can help me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet