Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,159,192 times

Advertisements

Classes start tomorrow, & I can get on the website, but unable to open the actual tab for online classes etc. No problems anywhere else online, this has been going on several days & I figured it was just down for maintenance, but friends are able to get on w/ no problems.Not having any other problems anywhere else online. Would really appreciate any help,before calling the school's tech support!!!

NCCC Home

It is the "Inside NC " tab, keeps telling me connection reset etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,925,334 times
Got through with no problems. Can you give us a little more detail? OS, browser, versions, plugins, etc. Some generic advice:

1 - Try from another computer
2 - Try a different browser
3 - Clear your cache and cookies.
4 - Re-train your cable / DSL modem. Disconnect power for about 90 seconds.
5 - Reboot
6 - Temporarily disable your firewall / proxy / surf guard / etc

Unfortunately "this website doesn't work please help" is a little tough to work with, but with some more specifics we'll be happy to help.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
Got through with no problems. Can you give us a little more detail? OS, browser, versions, plugins, etc. Some generic advice:

1 - Try from another computer
2 - Try a different browser
3 - Clear your cache and cookies.
4 - Re-train your cable / DSL modem. Disconnect power for about 90 seconds.
5 - Reboot
6 - Temporarily disable your firewall / proxy / surf guard / etc

Unfortunately "this website doesn't work please help" is a little tough to work with, but with some more specifics we'll be happy to help.
I am using the newest version of Windows I believe, but haven't updated to the newest Firefox because I heard lots of people have problems with it. No other computer, but 2 friends got in no problem. Tried my Firefox & IE browsers. Not sure what "Re-train your cable / DSL modem" means, I managed to turn off the windows firewall, no use, sorry but not sure what my proxy/surf guard are. I have AVG Antivirus, if that's any help.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:22 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,925,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I am using the newest version of Windows I believe, but haven't updated to the newest Firefox because I heard lots of people have problems with it. No other computer, but 2 friends got in no problem. Tried my Firefox & IE browsers. Not sure what "Re-train your cable / DSL modem" means, I managed to turn off the windows firewall, no use, sorry but not sure what my proxy/surf guard are. I have AVG Antivirus, if that's any help.
Okay -- run Windows Update to see if there's anything you might need.

"Re-train your modem" means disconnect the power to the modem for at least 90 seconds. What happens is sometimes the connection to your provider goes bad, and this will help re-establish that connection. Some people can go years without ever needing to do this, others have to do it weekly. Can't hurt.

Do you have any plugins installed, like password managers or ad blockers?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Apparently, there is a message on the site saying to contact webhelp if you are unable to access the INsideNC. Problem IS, you have to get IN to see it! Good grief.
Thanks for your help, looks like they know there is a problem, I'll call them tomorrow.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,214,058 times
Perhaps you should have looked into this sooner than the night before classes start.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Perhaps you should have looked into this sooner than the night before classes start.
I called several times Friday, no one returned my voicemail. Campus was closed for the weekend and for MLK today.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,214,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I called several times Friday, no one returned my voicemail. Campus was closed for the weekend and for MLK today.
Yeah... sorry for the smarta** response. You just set me up so well. Hope you get it solved.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Apparently it is only people who are using Centurylink internet that are having problems. Still can't get in, & the school has no idea. How frustrating.

Quote:
We are aware of an issue where some Century Link internet customers are unable to access InsideNC.

The issue was first reported last Wednesday evening.

NC Tech Services is working with Century Link to resolve this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet