Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 14,928 times

Advertisements

HI i'm moving from iowa to Norhtwest indianapolis for work i'm really nervous. I really want to be in a nice area i was really hoping someone could maybe lead me into the right direction for nice apartments in the northwest area. Somewhere kinda next to everything. I don't know much about the mid west i'm from cali so you know i'm kinda new on being on my own. But it really would be nice for someone to help me. and if you could tell me the name of the apartments even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM

63 posts, read 391,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebirds868 View Post
HI i'm moving from iowa to Norhtwest indianapolis for work i'm really nervous. I really want to be in a nice area i was really hoping someone could maybe lead me into the right direction for nice apartments in the northwest area. Somewhere kinda next to everything. I don't know much about the mid west i'm from cali so you know i'm kinda new on being on my own. But it really would be nice for someone to help me. and if you could tell me the name of the apartments even better.
This should be moved to the Indianapolis portion of the forum.

Northwest part of Indianapolis can be very tricky (and yes I mean that in a bad way).

Before I can help you I need more info. Things such:

1) Price range for rent
2) are you looking for a white neighborhood, black, hispanic, mixed
3) When you say you want to be next to everything - what do you mean. I'm thinking Broad Ripple. Do you want to be close to other young people and close to bars and nightlife -

For fear of jumping to conclusions, let me say this, I would not live on the northwest wide of Indy - at least not inside of the I-465 loop.

I'm guessing you work on the northwest side. Where exactly?

I'd love to help you find a place. Feel free to PM me.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,815,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1914BU View Post
-

For fear of jumping to conclusions, let me say this, I would not live on the northwest wide of Indy - at least not inside of the I-465 loop.
Why not? I live in Indy and one of my close friends lives near 86th and Michigan and it is a good area. Its close to shopping and safe.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,074,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebirds868 View Post
your best bet would be moving to plainfield,indiana(around the same vicinity on the west side of indy) plainfield is a realy nice area has great apartments,award winning schools,low crime, great park system, close to everything u could possibly need, apartments- SARATOGA CROSSING,CROWN PLAZA, CENTRAL PARK, MILL RUN, ABERDENE- ON FAR SOUTHEAST SIDE OF PLAINFIELD,

Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM

79 posts, read 462,038 times
There is nothing wrong with living inside 465, there are some really great/safe neighborhoods. You may want to consider Broad Ripple/Rocky Ripple area, it's very nice. You can walk/bike places with no worries.

I would never recommend living in the hotel-style apartments to a young person just moving to Indy.. Especially putting them far away from Indy has to offer. I mean unless you like living really far away from everything, well except applebee's and a speedway gas station. If that's you're thing, then well.. to each his/her own.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:46 PM

3 posts, read 16,732 times
Default Thinking of relocating from Elkhart to Indy

I love Indy and I'm ready to make it my home. My husband and I will need jobs. I work in a library (mid-management, meaning I'm in charge of the pages). They are the people shelve the books. My husband is a truck driver with Class A CDL license. Our plan is to sell our home pay it off and use the rest for a down payment on a nice 2/3 bd, in a nice neighborhood. Our son is grown and we have a 5 year old granddaugher. We would like a nice yard for her to play in. We are looking to pay somewhere around $75,000 to $85,000 on a nice home. Elkhart is nice but there's not a lot to do here. so if anyone can give me any kind of info I would really appreciate.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 AM

79 posts, read 462,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanUrbanite View Post
Just be careful. Indianapolis is very bland, suburban, and somewhat backwards.
Completely untrue if you choose the right neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis