Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM

438 posts, read 1,360,215 times

Advertisements

curious as my husband is going to be attending Ivy Tech here in town in the fall and then *planning* {plan number 9 or so thus far, but meh, life happens} transferring to Ivy Tech Indy for his main courses in 2010 due to higher success rates on licensing exams at the Indy campus compared to our local campus as well as the wider range of clinical experiences available in the city.

We are looking at Avon, Brownsburg, Greenwood and Franklin for relocation purposes at this point. I'm rather familiar with Hendricks county and the commute times involved there. But other than the struggle of getting to Greenwood Park Mall on a Friday afternoon or anytime on the weekend, I'm not really familiar with the commuting times involved on the south side. Any thoughts, comments and experiences more than welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,571 times
mkat,

Is your husband attending the IVYTech on Meridian? You're looking at a 30-40 minute commute from any of those places, depending on how close the the interstate you get.

My daughter lives in Franklin, right off 31, and it takes her about 40 minutes to get to I-465 and Shadeland, where she works.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbin_in_indy View Post
mkat,

Is your husband attending the IVYTech on Meridian? You're looking at a 30-40 minute commute from any of those places, depending on how close the the interstate you get.

My daughter lives in Franklin, right off 31, and it takes her about 40 minutes to get to I-465 and Shadeland, where she works.

Thanks Even at 40 minutes, that's still considerably closer and over more high-speed roads *Major Moves aside* than coming from our current location.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,207 times
I went to the south side today and had lunch across from Greenwood Mall. To me, it seemed like an excessive amount of traffic lights heading down 31. It seemed to take a long time even for a Wednesday afternoon. Maybe I just had bad luck and got all the red lights!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
I went to the south side today and had lunch across from Greenwood Mall. To me, it seemed like an excessive amount of traffic lights heading down 31. It seemed to take a long time even for a Wednesday afternoon. Maybe I just had bad luck and got all the red lights!

Yeah, I tried it the other day just out of curiosity to see if it was the time/day I was used to being there that was horrid. Nope. Mid-afternoon on a Tuesday and still took for.e.ver.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,207 times
I thought maybe it was just because I was running late and annoyed by the delays

Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 AM

Nope. It's slightly better on Madison most of the time but the potholes on sections of that are a bigger nightmare than the traffic

I can.not.will.not. live inside the loop for various and sundry reasons, not the least of which are IPS schools. I'm keeping my eye out when I drive through Hendricks county of course as it would be a perfect world to be able to live in Danville and split the commutes required just about down the middle. I fear for my own financial future in that area though, with Beauty Brands and the new Massage Envy now 'sandwiching' Renu on 36 not to mention the host of other non-corporate chain types. Time and life will tell, as my husband keeps reminding me.

Last edited by mkat321; 02-27-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis