Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:15 AM

4,533 posts, read 4,730,951 times

Advertisements

I read in the on line edition of the Muncie Star that 60% of the white men in Muncie are for Trump. Is that pretty much the concensus thru out the entire state, or is that just a Muncie thing?

I'm surprised Indiana's not considered a swing state. I never hear anything on the news about how popular Trump in Indiana. On the map, they have Indiana colored a solid red state. So is Indiana really in the bag for Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 11:24 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,347,039 times
Indiana is a Red state. Trump will win Indiana.
The bigger deal is the Senate seat. Evan Bayh is a popular figure in Indiana. That seat could flip to the Dems.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:58 PM

31 posts, read 61,636 times
Oh god. Gotta love being in a state that supports Trump.....

Old 10-01-2016, 04:30 PM

159 posts, read 273,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Indiana is a Red state. Trump will win Indiana.
The bigger deal is the Senate seat. Evan Bayh is a popular figure in Indiana. That seat could flip to the Dems.
Indiana did support Obama in 08 right?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:35 PM

2,196 posts, read 2,008,136 times
It truly appears that an incredibly large number of proud white American citizens ... both male and female ... will be supporting Mr. Trump !!! ..... outstanding !!! ... Lets Make America Great Again !!! ... Old Sgt. Lamar Says So !

Old 10-03-2016, 06:12 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,329,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJD View Post
Indiana did support Obama in 08 right?
Yes by a narrow margin and it was the first time Indiana went democrat for presdient since the 1960s. Most things I've read is that it's pretty expected Trump will win Indiana even though I've heard some people say Trump lost their vote when he picked Pence as his running mate. Hillary is very unpopular here it seems. Bernie Sanders won the Democratic primary over Hillary.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 AM

11,970 posts, read 25,671,268 times
A month ago Trump was up by 7%.

Romney won by 10% in 2012, Obama won by 1% in 2008.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Indiana: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson

Bayh was up on Young by 4% a month ago, governor's race was tied in August.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:20 PM

119 posts, read 158,939 times
In the region I'm seeing A LOT more Trump yard signs/bumper stickers than Hillary. And Lake County has voted democratic traditionally. This may have to do with the stereotypical Trump supporter than anything else.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:18 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,440,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra86 View Post
In the region I'm seeing A LOT more Trump yard signs/bumper stickers than Hillary. And Lake County has voted democratic traditionally. This may have to do with the stereotypical Trump supporter than anything else.
Yeah, there was a discussion I saw on one of the TV stations the other day about how there are 5 dynamic groups.

1) Staunch Trump supporters - will put his stuff on their lawn and wear hats and whatnot and verbally bash Hillary on social media
2) Staunch Hillary supporters - will put stuff on their lawn and verbally support her and bash Trump on social media
3) Silent Trump supporters - (aka Closet Trumps) who vote conservative but really don't like Trump, but plan to vote for him because they traditionally vote Red and don't plan on changing it regardless, but still don't want to be a public/outward supporter of Trump/Pence.
4) Silent Hillary supporters - people who generally vote Democrat but aren't heavily in her corner due to her political issues, don't talk about who they support - might be more of an anti-Trump voter than a Pro-Hillary Voter
5) 3rd Party supporters - not always outwardly supporting, but are either in Johnson or Stein's corner primarily - the totally heartbroken Sanders supporters who refuse Hillary are with Stein, and Johnson seems to take some from both of the primary parties.

The question is the percentage breakout for the 5 groups. We hear about #1 vividly because they're what sells in the media today. Obama won IN in 08 because of how ready the country was for change from the GOP standard and Obama's platform created the perfect storm to motivate young voters. That isn't really there this year, so I can see why IN would be firmly red again.

My best guess for the election as a nation is that there are far more closet Hillary supporters than closet Trump supporters and that Hillary wins the swing states to take it.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:02 PM

20,548 posts, read 17,985,945 times
I don't think a red state will go blue but a blue state may go red this election. Many battleground states are ripe for change because 3 topics that Hillary doesn't talk about. Jobs, immigration, and Obamacare. She keeps dodging the subject about jobs, how can a nominee win without addressing the biggest issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis