Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:44 PM

8,988 posts, read 17,335,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Yes by a narrow margin and it was the first time Indiana went democrat for presdient since the 1960s. Most things I've read is that it's pretty expected Trump will win Indiana even though I've heard some people say Trump lost their vote when he picked Pence as his running mate. Hillary is very unpopular here it seems. Bernie Sanders won the Democratic primary over Hillary.
I noticed that as all the Bernie yard signs were coming down after he left the race, they were not being replaced by Hilary signs. In the parts of the city I frequent, I've noticed more Gary Johnson signs than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 06:14 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,283,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I noticed that as all the Bernie yard signs were coming down after he left the race, they were not being replaced by Hilary signs. In the parts of the city I frequent, I've noticed more Gary Johnson signs than anyone else.
Since I live and work in Hamilton County I rarely make it south of 96th St. But I've hardly seen any yard signs so far for any office. I'm very surprised. I do remember seeing a handful of Bernie signs but I don't think I've seen a single Hillary sign yet. I have seen three or four Trump signs in Carmel. I don't think I've come across any Gary Johnson ones.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 AM

1,347 posts, read 949,303 times
I would like to put up a yard sign for the candidate(s) I support, but frankly given how heated this campaign has been, I don't want to risk property damage by any overzealous supporters of the opposing candidate.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:34 AM

5,982 posts, read 7,417,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydancer View Post
i would like to put up a yard sign for the candidate(s) i support, but frankly given how heated this campaign has been, i don't want to risk property damage by any overzealous supporters of the opposing candidate.
+1

rm

Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,613,177 times
I feel like Hillary's biggest problem here is that Bernie put in so much effort to win the state. He really alienated a lot of people away from her. There were also many people here who already hated her. If Bernie were running instead, I'm guessing the race would be a toss up considering all of the ignorant comments that Donald Trump has made, along with his pick of Mike Pence as VP. A lot of Bernie supporters I know refuse to vote for her, and are just indifferent to the possible consequences of a Trump presidency. I'm voting for her because I can't sit by and let a bigot take America over, but that's not enough for me to put her bumper sticker on my car.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:52 AM

39 posts, read 52,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Since I live and work in Hamilton County I rarely make it south of 96th St. But I've hardly seen any yard signs so far for any office. I'm very surprised. I do remember seeing a handful of Bernie signs but I don't think I've seen a single Hillary sign yet. I have seen three or four Trump signs in Carmel. I don't think I've come across any Gary Johnson ones.
Reporting from the south side (Franklin township), most of the signs in this area are overwhelmingly pro Trump / Pence and local republican candidates. Further away from Indianapolis is all Trump / Pence. The only anti Trump / Pence signs I have seen are towards the city center neighborhoods (mostly anti Pence signs) I have also seen some pro Gary Johnson signs around the Irvington neighborhood. As someone who had lived in several states besides Indiana, I am surprised about how weak the democrats ground game is in the state, even within Indianapolis, given the high stakes in this election year. It seems to me that at least Indiana, and maybe a large portion of the Midwest, will go for Trump / Pence. So this election will be decided by the extent to which coastal states can counterbalance this.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:01 AM

39 posts, read 52,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Not even in the Boston area, where I visited earlier this summer, I saw any Hillary signs (or Trump for that matter). Most of the signs I saw around there were either for Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. I agree with you that locally most non Trump / Pence signs I have seen are for Gary Johnson. I guess that speaks volumes about the weak ground game of the Clinton campaign, and more reason to believe that Trump / Pence will get Indiana.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,282,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJD View Post
Indiana did support Obama in 08 right?

Hillary is not going to win Indiana. It's not even considered a battleground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't think a red state will go blue but a blue state may go red this election. Many battleground states are ripe for change because 3 topics that Hillary doesn't talk about. Jobs, immigration, and Obamacare. She keeps dodging the subject about jobs, how can a nominee win without addressing the biggest issue?
Americans can't bet (legally) but if I could I'd bet on Ohio.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:24 PM

9 posts, read 8,064 times
FWIW, I've seen quite a few Gregg yard signs around Indy.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:44 AM

8,988 posts, read 17,335,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookyboysb View Post
FWIW, I've seen quite a few Gregg yard signs around Indy.
John Gregg and negative references to Pence far outnumber any other type of political sign I've seen around the urban areas of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis