Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 AM

261 posts, read 501,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
and Marion County went for Obama by 0.9% in 2008 so Indy is really liberal too just like those cities.

Obama won Marion County by 24.8 points.

Marion County, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times
Quote:
He may think Indianapolis really is the most impressive city in the world...but most of you fall within 3 standard deviations of this. Admitting that Indy doesn't offer the urban experience of NYC, but it has ethnic food and art galleries, so it's really not that different and Marion County went for Obama by 0.9% in 2008 so Indy is really liberal too just like those cities.
Dude, give it a rest. First of all, being in high school doesn't mean you have to post a bunch of ignorant comments all over the place. Second of all, almost all of us are realistic about Indianapolis. Not only do we realize that it doesn't offer the urban experience of NYC, but it doesn't offer the urban experience of even St. Louis or Cincinnati.

With that said, we aren't just going to let people come in and completely trash our city to people thinking about moving here. We recognize that while Indy has some significant problems, it has many assets that similar peer cities do not. You of all people have no right to say Indy is a "Narnian" city. All you do is constantly troll the Indy forum for no reason whatsoever.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,756,006 times
Again, within 2 standard deviations of BRG.

Those cities didn't host Super Bowl, Indy did, end of story, nowhere comes comes to Indy. That's the general mantra preached on the Indy forum if you read between the lines. It's not just BRG, lol.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times
Quote:
Again, within 2 standard deviations of BRG.

Those cities didn't host Super Bowl, Indy did, end of story, nowhere comes comes to Indy. That's the general mantra preached on the Indy forum if you read between the lines. It's not just BRG, lol.
Who talks about the Super Bowl other than him? We may talk about ALL of the sporting events hosted here because it is a MAJOR source of revenue/activity for the city, but that's a valid argument to boost Indy up on. I mean today they just announced that the Gymnastics Nationals will be here in 2015, the year before the Rio Olympics. Things like that are a big deal, especially when you get them more than any other city in the country.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM

I'm not going to compile of list of Indy boosters who are comparable to BRG. I don't have the time to do that. If anything, he is entertaining and not to be taken seriously. There are more serious boosters on the Indy forum who don't come across as fanatical as him, but get offended much easier, always some reply like "Have you lived in Indy - then you don't know anything about it". BRG will just spout off how awesome Indy is, in contrast to other boosters will be obviously mad someone didn't think Indy is what they want it to be considered.

BRG is not even that bad, especially considering the majority of regular Indy posters (who are all boosters) are clearly within 2 standard deviations of his baseline.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
As with any other troll, we should probably just ignore Ronnie.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM

Anyone who disagrees is a troll! lol

Mid-sized city forums are generally like that, no surprises there.

Most of you are closer to BRG than you think. 2 standard deviations max.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 PM

934 posts, read 1,441,390 times
hold on...just going to go get my Superbowl t-shirt.

Last edited by thefallensrvnge; 11-02-2012 at 08:02 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM

13 posts, read 34,773 times
Default What city in Indy?

Could you please tell which city you are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenPro View Post
AMEN! I couldn't get out of Indy fast enough for all the reasons outlined above. People who live in Indy are just too narrow-minded to look in the mirror. I have lived all over the world, and Indy was BY FAR the worst in terms of bigotry, sexism, chauvinism, and religious fundamentalism. I lasted in Indy for 4 years before I moved my family away. I was afraid that my children would become narrow-minded, uncultured Jesus freaks if we stayed a minute longer. I have found something positive to take away from every other place I have lived... not Indy. I'd think twice before moving to this city.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Anyone who disagrees is a troll! lol

Mid-sized city forums are generally like that, no surprises there.

Most of you are closer to BRG than you think. 2 standard deviations max.
Friend, please take the help.

emotional symptoms of low self esteem / depression / fear / anxiety / self-esteemattacks / shutdown / hypersensitivity / The Self-Esteem Institute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis