Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM

218 posts, read 462,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsong2day View Post
Lots of questions with tons of answers. Do you want to live downtown Indy? Parking sucks!
Indianapolis West side, some areas good some areas bad (crawfordsville rd.) (race track).

Stay away from East side Indianapolis (post rd).

South side Camby, very small community. Nice though. South side Greenwood area very congested.

North side I live in Fishers one of the best places to live 30 min from down town and Carmel is rated #1 2012 about 30 min to downtown. Everyone will tell you 69 sucks.. major highway to Carmel and Fishers. Its pretty congested. But it will be to the good areas. 465 is a circle. I am from a small town and all and all Indianapolis is pretty darn big.

Va Hospital is right next to where I worked Riley, so I know exactly the commute from my area (fishers) I have lived south, west, and now North. I have to say North area is the most safe and secure for me as a single female!

You are going to live nice on what you make in Indiana. Especially if your single. I have a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apt. with fireplace, washer dryer and garden tub and pay $655 in rent. I only pay electric. Safe area, no worries. Really depends on what you are looking for! Good luck to you! Hope I have helped!

Whoa....

You think that Indy is a big city, with awful parking, and Greenwood is very congested?
And now you are thinking about moving to San Diego?

You're in for a rude awakening...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 04:54 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandandjules View Post
Whoa....

You think that Indy is a big city, with awful parking, and Greenwood is very congested?
And now you are thinking about moving to San Diego?

You're in for a rude awakening...
Let him move to CA and find out that CA isnt all that they say it is.
High Taxes/high COL/Insane corruption government. Illinois/Chicago and CA are in competition for the worst credit ratings and government in the nation.
Not to mention Earthquakes and wildfires to destroy your home. With SoCal expected to be wiped in the next 100 years by a massive earthquake. The longer we wait for it the bigger it will be. SoCal is way overdue for a big earthquake.

But anyway i expect the Boomerang effect to come into play here he will be back in Indiana in the future after the rude awakening in CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis