Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 03:29 PM

10 posts, read 19,316 times

Advertisements

I was raised and born in IL. For the past 3-4 years we have lived in SC and NC. We have a 5 year old daughter in kIndergarten. Id love to know the good, bad and ugly of Plainfield and surrounding areas. Hubby is in the process of a job offer so we'd be moving to the area soon. I'd like somewhere friendly, safe, with other kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,149,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliann95 View Post
I was raised and born in IL. For the past 3-4 years we have lived in SC and NC. We have a 5 year old daughter in kIndergarten. Id love to know the good, bad and ugly of Plainfield and surrounding areas. Hubby is in the process of a job offer so we'd be moving to the area soon. I'd like somewhere friendly, safe, with other kids.
Depends on where the job is and what in particular you are looking for. If it is just a safe neighborhood there are tons of those.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,896 times
Plainfield is pretty nice. Easy drive to the airport, great schools. It is a typical American suburb, with the typical stores, strip malls etc, but there is also a cute downtown-like strip. Hummel park is very nice, with lots of walking trails, summer concerts, and playgrounds. There is also Metropolis Mall, a smallish outdoor mall with a movie theater. The Plainfield Recreation & Aquatic Center is great in the summer, with water slides, play areas for all ages, and indoor pool as well for rainy or cold days. There'sn also fitness classes, basketball courts, etc.

There are some cool older homes along the main road that are very pretty, there are areas of brand new homes, and everything in between.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM

10 posts, read 19,316 times
His job would be right by the airport. He has no problem with up to a 30 minute drive as long as it puts us in a good school system. Schools is the #1 thing on the list. With a safe area being #2. I don't mind a 10-15 minute drive to grocery stores or anything like that.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:58 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliann95 View Post
His job would be right by the airport. He has no problem with up to a 30 minute drive as long as it puts us in a good school system. Schools is the #1 thing on the list. With a safe area being #2. I don't mind a 10-15 minute drive to grocery stores or anything like that.
Why shoot for 30 minute drive when you can have a 7-10 minute commute? Plainfield is perfect for what you need. Good schools, close to work (amazingly easy commute to the airport), shopping, parks & family friendly.

I lived in Plainfield for 6 years & Avon for 5. If I had to choose to move back to one of them, I'd go back to Plainfield. It's grown enough to have everything you need for day to day life but it hasn't grown so big that it's lost it's small town charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis