Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2007, 06:42 AM

4 posts, read 13,737 times

Advertisements

There is a 95% chance of me moving into the evansville area. I have looked at so many houses I'm tired. I now live (16 years) in a area that is all clanish, corrupt and very split racially. After all these years we are still outsiders and never feel completely welcome any where in the county.
We would like to know about the Chandler and Boonville areas. We also would like a decent church. One where you go on Sunday and sit down next someone that you know all week was out driving up and down the roads minding everyones business, drinking like a fish and cussing like a sailor. Well we did have one minister that was ask to leave for making passes at a female church member. I also worry about the church falling in on me because I know so much about these people. LOL Also you never have to leave your yard to find out about the county and your neighbors. They spend so much time out here talking about everyone. They don't have the time to sweep their on doorstep.
We need a place that is friendly and never meets a stranger. Oh by the way my kids are grown and gone and We preferr not to live in a area with every neighbors child in my yard or front door. My dogs aren't very nice ( 3lbs each)
and really are not socialized. Any advise would be appreciated. ikewife1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 09:02 AM

251 posts, read 1,068,192 times
I'm so confused about your post. Please correct any mistakes that I make.

So you're looking for a place where everyone know's everyone else, where people drink a lot and cuss a lot. And then goes to Church to... confess it all?

You want everyone to be friendly with eachother, but you don't want any kids playing in your yard because you own mean dogs?

Maybe it's the lack of sentence structure. Maybe it's the run-on sentences. But your post has me very confused.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:59 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,833,185 times
I think he wants a church where there aren't fairweather christians who are good on sundays and are buttheads the other 6 days of the week.

He's an empty nester who doesn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of families with little kids because he wants to have some peace and quiet for his family and his little dogs.

Is that about right?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM

4 posts, read 13,737 times
Default Hit the nail on the head

Domergurl,
You said it with your reply post. I did not mean to confuse anyone. LOL Don't get me wrong. I love children. I just don't to be the neighborhood babysitter and I don't want to walk out in my yard rather it be the back or the front and find the neighbors or their offspring perched in my yard. My dogs aren't mean they are little and very nervous. Just looking for some insite to moving into another state. I would like to have at least an acre and be in the county. By the I am a she not he. LOL
Ikewife1

Old 04-27-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,936 times
Hello,

I would be happy to offer any advise on the Evansville area. I have lived here since 2001.

Have you checked out any houses on the North side? Its not as busy and everything you need is close by.

I go to a new church over in Chandler called New Hope Community Church.

It is a non-denominational, informal, and laid back church. You can go in t-shirt, suit, scuba gear, whatever. Everyone fits in.

The church is only about 1 year old and we meet in the Chandler School gym. Full multimedia every Sunday and a FANTASTIC praise/worship band.
http://newhope4all.net/

Evansville is a nice community. Low-crime, traffic isn't bad. lots of jobs...

Chandler is 10 minutes East of E-ville and is a much smaller community. Currently they are making the highway that goes through the middle of Chandler 4 lane...which makes the town seem like one big construction zone. I get that has brought down the price of homes quite a bit.

Another nice nearby town is Newburgh. Traffic always seems busy in newburgh but it isn't as bad as it used to be with some recent road upgrades.

Any other questions just post up

Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,838 times
Default RE: Moving to Evansville

It sounds like you are looking for a bar, not a church. Seriously, why are you looking for a church anyway -- just a social outlet?

Church is where fellow believers congregate -- a notion that has been completely lost in the Bible belt. In Evansville and elsewhere, the majority of the time it degenerates into a country club.

If you're a true believer in Christ and you want to hear the Word of God taught and explained, then you'll want to go to Faith Bible Church on the West-side.

If you go to church in Chandler, Boonville, or Newburgh, be prepared for a lot of good-ole boying and pretty multimedia -- sort of like the church described in the post above. Unfortunately, all of the warm fuzzies and good friends in the world won't keep you out of hell.

Have a safe move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana