Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM

5 posts, read 20,531 times

Advertisements

How is Scott county with regard to crime, drug use, education system, pride in community etc.. do they have regular town meetings for the constituants input?? Are they trying to get more business in (ie: movie theatres, competition for walmart etc..) Gimme the dirt....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 05:37 AM

9 posts, read 33,882 times
Where is Scott County located?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:58 AM

231 posts, read 701,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbiegirl View Post
Where is Scott County located?

https://www.city-data.com/county/Scott_County-IN.html

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Sc...2&geocode=CITY

Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 AM

9 posts, read 33,882 times
Thank you. That is quite a bit south of me.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,868 times
hello...is there any areas of indiana allow moblie homes on land? i'm just west of cambridge city indiana in a moblie home park.....

Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 5,197 times
Default Frankton, IN

I recently checked out Frankton. It is about 25 miles NE of Indy. Very small town, but much progress is currently being made. New streets, lighting, library, full school system, some new subdivisions. It is very quiet.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 PM

261 posts, read 417,860 times
Winchester in Randolph County always seemed like a nice little friendly town. They have a nice looking downtown area and court house that looks like a real small town courthouse.You'll be about a 20 minute drive to the up and coming foodie town of Muncie with all of it's fine dining restaurant choices and some of the best shopping in the all of Indiana, all of it conveniently and compactly located along about a 2 mile stretch of McGalliard Road, from the far east side to the far west side on the far north side of Muncie. Almost everything in Muncie is on McGalliard, anymore.

Another good thing about Winchester, you're probably within 50 to 75 minutes of nearest suburbs of Indianapolis, Dayton, and Cincinnatti, and Columbus, Ohio, And maybe an hour or so south of Ft Wayne.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 PM

261 posts, read 417,860 times
Also, Rushville, Connersville, Greensburg, Shelbyville are all nice small towns. Most any small town in Indiana is going to be a nice town, slow paced, stereotypical Hoosier towns. Towns I remember driving thru that caught my eye are English and Paoli in SOuthern Indiana's Hoosier National Forest.

But I have to agree with the others that Madison is the nicest small town in Indiana. But something about small river towns, at least on the Ohio and Mississippi, they all feel a bit "cramped", including Madison, and of course that is just my opinion, others may not agree. But Madison is still a very nice and clean little town that's scenic enough, it'll make any Hoosier proud to have it as a part of Indiana. I don't think you could go too far wrong by moving there.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM

51 posts, read 69,447 times
Crown Point would be perfect! I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and it reminds me of Stars Hollow a lot, especially because of the constant festivals and activities on the square. Plus, it's in a pretty populated area and not too far from Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana