Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 12:41 PM

6 posts, read 9,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
I love it that im a hick and I could care less if prople think im stupid at least they leave me alone so works for me. Besides I will take a dumb ol hick anyday better kinder more apt to help ya out kind of people. What happened to people bein judged by their heart and character?
I think that kind of prejudice is just "a sign of the times", CLW, maybe not something specific to Indiana or Ohio. People always being in a hurry and not taking the time to get to know people's hearts, it is sad, isn't it?? I work with some total butts too, but again, I think this problem is world wide, more people are butts today than ever before. Maybe more so in cities than in small towns or rural places.

"cornmuncher"..."country luvin woman"....I love the ID titles around here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 06:13 AM

49 posts, read 82,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrifiedgurl View Post
I think that kind of prejudice is just "a sign of the times", CLW, maybe not something specific to Indiana or Ohio. People always being in a hurry and not taking the time to get to know people's hearts, it is sad, isn't it?? I work with some total butts too, but again, I think this problem is world wide, more people are butts today than ever before. Maybe more so in cities than in small towns or rural places.

"cornmuncher"..."country luvin woman"....I love the ID titles around here!
people are becoming more rude and hateful due to the fact many of us see no real future. we have seen it ripped away by greed and stupidity.

pretty hard to be nice and happy and upbeat when you know chances are you have no choice but to work like a slave for minimum wage just to get buy and do this every day till you die.

so your right it is the sign of the times, stopping to be nice and help someone costs me money, and that little bit of money that it would cost me could be the difference between having food and a home and being homeless and hungry

Old 01-25-2012, 02:17 PM

409 posts, read 318,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
Hi, I'm from New Jersey born and raised. I however dated a girl for a summer who was visiting NJ family and was from Indiana... ( Didn't realize how much of an accent you guys had! ) Basically I just wondering what some of the funny stereotypes are in your state. For example in NJ most people think that all we have are swampland/urban cities, people are rude, mobsters, everyone acts like Tony Soprano, jersey accents etc. I thought it would be funny to hear what some people who dont know any better assume about your state?
Hoosiers are tough men who own and carry firearms. Just about everyone seems to have a license to carry issued by the State Police. Yes...it's very true!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,530,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
Hoosiers are tough men who own and carry firearms. Just about everyone seems to have a license to carry issued by the State Police. Yes...it's very true!
I must be the exception. I've never owned. Don't want to.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I must be the exception. I've never owned. Don't want to.
You are a rarity indeed. It's very common. Having one of the worlds most famous bands that started in Lafayette IN didn't hurt either.

Guns N' Roses - You could be mine - YouTube

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
I don't either ...

Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,530,577 times
Quote:
You are a rarity indeed. It's very common. Having one of the worlds most famous bands that started in Lafayette IN didn't hurt either.

Guns N' Roses - You could be mine - YouTube
GNR didn't start in Lafayette. It's an LA band. Only Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin were from Lafeyette.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
GNR didn't start in Lafayette. It's an LA band. Only Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin were from Lafeyette.
Where do you think the "Rose" came from in their name? Hmmmm... It's ok if you aren't a PROUD Hoosier to claim your part of fame. The number #1 selling debut album in the world of all time. Movies galore, and most likely the LAST REAL classic rock band. It's merely your opinion and you shouldn't change who you are as a person because everyone else is doing it. One of the LARGEST gun shows in the Country (right in your backyard) says otherwise though. Welcome to the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show

Old 01-26-2012, 09:30 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
You are a rarity indeed. It's very common.
I don't; and most people I know don't.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I don't; and most people I know don't.
It's ok! Try to find a parking place and try to breath because you are so smooshed in at that 1500!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana