Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:32 PM

10 posts, read 31,961 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I’m interested in Greensburg IN, and I’m looking for recommendations on real estate agents familiar with Greensburg, who specializes in multi unit investment property and or land for sale.

I’m also seeking more general information on Greensburg including what type of growth is anticipated in the area with the addition of the new Honda plant?

Have any other businesses been enticed by the Honda plant?

What are the best sources for gathering information on Greensburg and the surrounding area?

I anticipate visiting Greensburg in the next few weeks, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Oct2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,840,636 times
Here are some recent threads on Greensburg:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/india...ille-area.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/india...ght=greensburg

Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 PM

domergurl,

Thanks for your feedback. I read those previous threads and the information is much appreciated. Just seeing if I can gather up any new information and track down a good real estate agent.

Thanks again
Oct2006

Old 10-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct2006 View Post
domergurl,

Thanks for your feedback. I read those previous threads and the information is much appreciated. Just seeing if I can gather up any new information and track down a good real estate agent.

Thanks again
Oct2006

I drove down to Newport Aquarium across from Cincinnati yesterday and drove by the location of the new Honda plant ... holy cow!!! That thing is going to be huge huge huge!!! Greensburg will see more business, but I think that Indianapolis, Shelbyville, Columbus and the Cincinnati area will really see a lot of benefits as well.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,066 times
Thumbs down RE: Greensburg

? Well you should be for instance, I wouldn't stay at the LEES Inn
down there because they don't do thourgh background checks on the people
the hire. I did a paint job down there last year and not only did they remove
my belongings from my room, because of their registration mix-up BUT, one
of the house keeping staff stole some of my posesstions. It took me getting
the local Police involved before the manager would do anything about it,and
that was after they told her she could be arrested as an accomplice.
always glad to pass along useful information.
Les

Old 10-25-2006, 02:47 PM

36 posts, read 214,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct2006 View Post
domergurl,

Thanks again
Oct2006
I just sent you a private message about a good real estate agent...

Old 10-25-2006, 03:47 PM

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Thanks for the heads up Origwarlock and sorry to hear about your mishap at the “Lees Inn.” I’ll be sure to heed your advice and seek alternative lodging.

So Domergurl, what types of benefits do you anticipate for communities as far away as Indianapolis, Shelbyville, Columbus and Cincinnati? How do you see these areas benefiting from the plant as well?

Thanks for the information Chbartel, I’ll be in touch.

Thanks again everyone and look forward to hearing more input from folks familiar with the area.

Thanks
Oct2006

Old 10-25-2006, 04:00 PM

I see other companies doing business with the new Honda plant. Plus, via
I74, the communities I mentioned aren't that far away. You'll see people who work there live in the other communities because commuting is doable. New housing, businesses ... it's going to really be interesting to see what happens.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM

Domergurl,

You are truly a vast source of knowledge of the Indiana area.

Not knowing the area that well myself, what types of business will benefit most from the plant and in which cities?

Will Greensburg or the other cities you mentioned benefit from new restaurants, shopping areas, additional single family or multi unit homes?

What type of industry in the area is expected to benefit most from the plant?

Look forward to hearing from you and anyone else who would like to chime in on the topic

Thanks again
Oct2006

Old 10-26-2006, 05:52 AM

Well, Honda will probably use other companies in areas like Columbus, which is already very autopart heavy and is going to start building diesel engines for trucks. I'd imagine there will be folks from Shelbyville, Columbus and even as far and Indianapolis who will get jobs there and commute. I'm sure that Honda will outsource factory maintenance to local companies (maybe?). Seeing how big that place is going to be, that's going to be a huge boon to someone. Then you'll have restaurants pop up to feed the workforce ... people will come from other areas to build, start up and work in those places. If people relocate ... housing will need to be built, infrasctructure .. all the basics. Right now, the area that the plant is going into is nothing but vast farmland. The plant is going right next to the interstate just off an exit.

I don't know, It looked like there were several hundred people just getting the ground ready and putting up utility lines when I drove by there on Tuesday. So it's already starting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana