Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:53 PM

10 posts, read 22,081 times

Advertisements

I have looking into several areas and need some advice on how safe they are and if there is a lot of drug activity? The areas are
Moores Hill
Laurel
Columbus
Osgood
Aurora
Gulford
Straughn
Bath
Connersville
Brooksville
Liberty
Rising Sun
If you know anything else that would be helpful to some one new to the area Please let me know

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 AM

Default Ok I have narrowed ir down

So can anybody tell me about Osgood if they have any stores that are close? Any information would be helpful.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,788,341 times
You can have a look at this:

http://www.in.gov/meth/files/2012_La..._Reference.pdf

Southern Indiana is pretty meth heavy ... sad fact.

I live in Columbus and our family loves it here. Know nothing about Osgood, though.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,874 times
hi.
i look south east Indiana. it is very city is nice. Columbus is a very nice city.i love this place.
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................

daal bati

Old 07-28-2013, 04:27 PM

32 posts, read 58,852 times
Don't pick Laurel--my family is from that and I can tell you there is nothing there. Connersville is a dying town. Osgood has very little; there is a Dollar Store, a small (and expensive) grocery store and a tiny handful of mom and pop type places. Greensburg is the closest small city with a Walmart. Batesville area is very nice, they do have a Kroger store for groceries.
I grew up close to all of those small towns you listed and unless you are looking for a town with about 1,000 people in it and no stores, or a large town (like Connersville) with few job options, I would look at Batesville or Greensburg as they are close to those places, and will have the jobs, better schools, better housing choices, etc.

Of all you listed though, Columbus would be my choice, though I must say it is not close to those places and seems out of place on your list It is a very nice place to live and has a lot of things to offer.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 AM

993 posts, read 2,295,963 times
Columbus is very nice. Aurora is very close to Cincinnatti, don't know about the drug activity. Greensburg is a nice town, has direct access to I-74, midway between Indy and Cincy. Osgood is a nice little town, but there's not much there. What exactly are you looking for?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 AM

A small country town. Where I can have a decent amount of land because we hope to own horses someday. It will not hurt me to be far from a city. But I am working outside Maimitown Oh. so 1/2 to 1 hr. commute is ok nothing more than that.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:52 PM

32 posts, read 58,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblaze View Post
A small country town. Where I can have a decent amount of land because we hope to own horses someday. It will not hurt me to be far from a city. But I am working outside Maimitown Oh. so 1/2 to 1 hr. commute is ok nothing more than that.

Theni would definitly look in the Brookville/Oldenburg/Batesville area. there is a lot of beautiful, scenic land in that area.

If you have kids, and are concerned about schools, I would lean towards the Batesville area, but if you do not have kids or do not need to worry about schools, I would stay in the Brookville area to be within a nice distance of Miamitown OH.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 AM

91 posts, read 189,787 times
Columbus is a nice town. I used to live there when I was younger and there are great schools, lots to do, and nice surroundings-interesting arts community, parks, etc. Greensburg or Batesville would be nice choices for what you are describing as well. Reasonable health care, nearby shopping, movies, etc (and not too far from Indy). Forget the rest of them. They are dead and/or dying little burbs that are barely worth driving through, let alone living in. I've lived much of my life in Milan, IN-sad little sparrow's crap of a town with nothing to speak of that's interesting unless you want to hear about the big 1954 basketball championship for the MILLIONTH time or eat an ice cream cone at Dairy Queen. We're about 15 minutes east of Versailles and Osgood, and the small towns around here are largely the same. I notice you didn't mention Milan in your list. Good move.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:10 AM

91 posts, read 189,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerblaze View Post
You'd have a better choice going with the 1hr, and try for Batesville. Columbus would be too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana