Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:52 AM

12 posts, read 26,138 times

Advertisements

Hello ya'll my husband has recently gotten word that we may be moving to Indiana... so I was hoping I could get some insight as to some areas to look into. I am a stay at home mom of 4 school age kids 12, 10, 8, and 6 and I need areas with good schools but have more of a small town feel. Preferably lower property taxes right around the 300k mark.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you
~Erica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Ok ... while Indiana isn't necessarily a large state, it would be helpful to know where in the state you will be moving to ...

btw, my former neighbors in Fishers moved to Fort Mill a year ago ...

Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 AM

Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Ok ... while Indiana isn't necessarily a large state, it would be helpful to know where in the state you will be moving to ...

btw, my former neighbors in Fishers moved to Fort Mill a year ago ...
sorry that's what I get for posting late at night/early in the morning I believe the office is near carmel... We've only been in fort mill for 2 years, We are originally from Michigan... so it'll be nice to be a little closer to home

Old 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helzangls View Post
Preferably lower property taxes right around the 300k mark. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thank you
~Erica
My suggestion is if you can afford lower 300K property taxes you can come anywhere you want to in our state!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:11 PM

300K will buy you a nice house in Fishers or Noblesville or Westfield and even Carmel. Fishers & Carmel have very good public school systems. Noblesville's and Westfield's aren't bad either. If you choose Fishers, be sure to stay on the west side of the town. Fishers is pretty spread out east/west. The best way search for homes on the west side of Fishers is to look for homes that feed into Fishers High School, not Hamilton Southeastern.

But again, in your pricerange, you should be able to find a house that you will love.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Default thx

thank you... What are the housing markets like there? When we were in MI it was pretty dead... and here it's just now starting to slow down... I'm hoping we get an answer soon.. I'd like to get this house up asap and get the ball rolling...If we get the go ahead my husband will be there some time in Febuary, we'll finish out the school year and hopefully get into a house by the summer...
Now who can I ask about churches? We'll need to get into a catholic church too I have one making his first communion next year.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,737,569 times
Things are feeling like they're picking up around here. Hi, I'm a Realtor on the West side of Indy, in Hendricks County. Which is also a very nice place to live by the way

Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 AM

There are plenty of Catholic Churches to choose from all over Indy. In Carmel, there's St. Elizabeth Seton ... is that right? Also Our Lady of Mount Carmel. In Noblesville, there's Our Lady of Grace and on the east side of Fishers, St. Louis de Montfort.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 AM

Default thank you

thank you for all your help...now I have a good starting point... I've been looking at some houses and there are some really cute places in my price range... when I actually get to come up there I'll start quizzing about specific neighborhoods
In Fort Mill there was only one catholic church...the closest catholic school was a town over... I've been thinking about putting my kids back in the catholic schools. They attended a small catholic school in MI and miss the small catholic school environment.

Thank you again
~Erica

Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helzangls View Post
thank you for all your help...now I have a good starting point... I've been looking at some houses and there are some really cute places in my price range... when I actually get to come up there I'll start quizzing about specific neighborhoods
In Fort Mill there was only one catholic church...the closest catholic school was a town over... I've been thinking about putting my kids back in the catholic schools. They attended a small catholic school in MI and miss the small catholic school environment.

Thank you again
~Erica
There are Catholic grade schools in Carmel, Noblesville & Fishers, as well as Indianapolis. You won't have a problem finding one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana