Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for?
Richard Mourdock (R) 9 37.50%
Joe Donnelly (D) 13 54.17%
Andrew Horning (L) 0 0%
Not Voting/Scratching/Undecided 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,850 times

Advertisements

Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would vote for Murdock after his disgusting comments on women. It would be the same as voting for Taliban - shame on the citizens of Indiana if they will still vote for this guy just because he is a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,712,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Nope! Not according to Murdock and Pence's god.... My god loves all.
Their god reminds me of a norse god like Odin or something.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,276,236 times
Why do the R's spend so much time on social issue when improving the economy and eliminating bi-partisanship has almost universal appeal to voters from all backgrounds? Oh, that's right, the party of Reagan is now the Tea-bag stained party of Dr. No; Mitch McConnell, who I dislike even more than Harry Reid- and I'm an R. Ironic that the party that blocks gun reform preventing handgun deaths wants to tell women what to do with their bodies to prevent deaths, hypocrisy in my mind. And since the topic of rape came up, why aren't politicians discussing castration of rapists instead of insinuating that "it's the woman's fault"? If men had babies, do you think the male leaders would be as anti-abortion, idiotically narrow minded about rape and anti-contraception? Tell me how eliminating Planned Parenthood decreases the chances of needing an abortion. Isn't it easier to prevent a pregnancy instead of terminating one?

Quote:
Their god reminds me of a norse god like Odin or something
Actually guys like Murdock remind me of the rabbi's and money changers that Jesus called out.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,082,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Why do the R's spend so much time on social issue when improving the economy and eliminating bi-partisanship has almost universal appeal to voters from all backgrounds? Ironic that the party that blocks gun reform preventing handgun deaths wants to tell women what to do with their bodies to prevent deaths, hypocrisy in my mind.
They view the unborn baby as a separate life. It is that simple and has to do with the right to life. With gun control, that has more to do with the rights of grown individuals having the right to self-protection from both criminals and an out-of-control government. I find the whole abortion thing intriguing. If a woman has a kid and the father wants no part of the kid, isn't involved in the kid's life, essentially 'aborting' his parental obligations, he would be slammed by the pro-abortion folks on here. However, if the lady would have just killed the kid before it was even born, the liberals would be OK with that. Talk about hypocrisy.

As far as the God issue, I'm not sure why they think they need to interject their God's will onto others? If a woman has an abortion, under some beliefs, her soul in the afterlife will go to hell. Since there is already punishment in place under their belief system, I'm not sure why they feel the need to use the law to force their beliefs onto others.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,747,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Why do the R's spend so much time on social issue when improving the economy and eliminating bi-partisanship has almost universal appeal to voters from all backgrounds? Oh, that's right, the party of Reagan is now the Tea-bag stained party of Dr. No; Mitch McConnell, who I dislike even more than Harry Reid- and I'm an R. Ironic that the party that blocks gun reform preventing handgun deaths wants to tell women what to do with their bodies to prevent deaths, hypocrisy in my mind. And since the topic of rape came up, why aren't politicians discussing castration of rapists instead of insinuating that "it's the woman's fault"? If men had babies, do you think the male leaders would be as anti-abortion, idiotically narrow minded about rape and anti-contraception? Tell me how eliminating Planned Parenthood decreases the chances of needing an abortion. Isn't it easier to prevent a pregnancy instead of terminating one?

Actually guys like Murdock remind me of the rabbi's and money changers that Jesus called out.

Castration would be cruel & unusual punishment. Lawmakers would never let that happen.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Cannot believe anyone in their right mind would vote for Murdock after his disgusting comments on women. It would be the same as voting for Taliban - shame on the citizens of Indiana if they will still vote for this guy just because he is a Republican.
And now the Mourdock charm offensive has started ... commercials with him and his wife hand in hand ... "ohhhhhh, that Donnelly twisted his words" ... Um, it was pretty clear what he said and what he meant.

Karl Rove FAIL.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,609,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
They view the unborn baby as a separate life. It is that simple and has to do with the right to life. With gun control, that has more to do with the rights of grown individuals having the right to self-protection from both criminals and an out-of-control government. I find the whole abortion thing intriguing. If a woman has a kid and the father wants no part of the kid, isn't involved in the kid's life, essentially 'aborting' his parental obligations, he would be slammed by the pro-abortion folks on here. However, if the lady would have just killed the kid before it was even born, the liberals would be OK with that. Talk about hypocrisy.

As far as the God issue, I'm not sure why they think they need to interject their God's will onto others? If a woman has an abortion, under some beliefs, her soul in the afterlife will go to hell. Since there is already punishment in place under their belief system, I'm not sure why they feel the need to use the law to force their beliefs onto others.
Well a big point of being pro-choice is that there are now far less instances of the father "aborting" his parental obligations than there would be if abortion was illegal. Also, we don't consider abortion killing a baby, at least I don't. I know this sounds a little insensitive, but do you consider eating an egg murdering a chicken?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Well a big point of being pro-choice is that there are now far less instances of the father "aborting" his parental obligations than there would be if abortion was illegal. Also, we don't consider abortion killing a baby, at least I don't. I know this sounds a little insensitive, but do you consider eating an egg murdering a chicken?
The eggs we eat aren't fertilized ... although balut is a delicacy in some parts of the world.

A majority of pro-choice folks choose not to abort. That gets lost on the anti-choice people.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I'd like to think that folks on both sides of the abortion debate can agree that we should be doing everything we can to eliminate abortion. I just don't believe that criminalizing the procedure will bring us closer to that goal, rather we should strive to eliminate unintended pregnancies.

The bigger problem I see with Mourdock's position is that it advocates putting the government in the position of forcing a woman to carry to term the product of a violent crime committed against her. And such a position is espoused by a man who supposedly advocates less government.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM

189 posts, read 178,952 times
I was born and raised in the Netherlands (Holland). My homeland has some of the most lenient abortion policies of any nation. Basically, it's on demand for any reason. However, Holland also one of the lowest abortion rates in the industrialized world. I've always thought that the reason for this is the State does care what happens to people in my homeland. New mothers & babies are protected by several national policies designed to insure a good start.

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, but that in the USA politicians care a great deal about the unborn but, once the birth has happened....mother/child and family are on their own. Kind of sink or swim.

-G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana