Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:31 PM

10 posts, read 34,971 times

Advertisements

might as well face it..some will smoke theirselves to death (that would be me)..some will eat theirselves to death (that may be me too lol) some will drink theirselves to death (don't drink but some make me want to lol) some will snort theirselves to death (def not me) some will work theirselves to death ect.ect.ect..ect..one of these days they are going to say getting out of bed on the right hand side causes cancer and you will die from it..it's funny how people lived alot longer years ago..and now they are droppin like flies..maybe it's the stress from all the ones that raz who knows..lol..

Old 10-13-2007, 01:38 PM

oh i guess i should answer the original posters questions..Yes there are alot of places in indiana that have banned smoking in establishments. there are more non smoking places then smoking..I do still think you can smoke in bars.
I personally think if the nonsmokers get a ban I should get one too. I'm so tired of not being able to take my kids to a campground because of all the drunks. I quit camping for awhile because of it. If we are going to have designated places to smoke I think there should be drinking only allowed in bars or your homes.
But that will never happen..wishful thinking on my part..
But u will find that alot of smokers try to respect those that don't, at least I do. I don't smoke in my home nor do i smoke in my vehicle or public places. I prefer to just harm myself. As for the air..if ur gonna blame smokers you need to blame the whole economy..

Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 27,140 times
Until the states that have tobacco subsidies find something else to grow, those states will not support bans on smoking. Before moving, check out what the rural areas grow. I was in the Chapel Hill court house to see a friend, and was astounded at the fog of smoke!

Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyDawn View Post
might as well face it..some will smoke theirselves to death (that would be me)..some will eat theirselves to death (that may be me too lol) some will drink theirselves to death (don't drink but some make me want to lol) some will snort theirselves to death (def not me) some will work theirselves to death ect.ect.ect..ect..one of these days they are going to say getting out of bed on the right hand side causes cancer and you will die from it..it's funny how people lived alot longer years ago..and now they are droppin like flies..maybe it's the stress from all the ones that raz who knows..lol..
Well, that is not really true, the life expectancy has grown. When the retirement age was set at 65, most people did not even live that long. Now it's not uncommon for someone to live 20 yrs after retirement. I think it would be fine to ban alcohol at campgrounds. But the issue we are discussing here is smoking. The issue in the bars is really the employees being exposed to all that second hand smoke.

Quote:
You don't like the smell of cigarette smoke? Stay away from it. Move to another room. Just think about something YOU like getting banned before you go around pronouncing which habits of *other* people should be banned.
It's a health hazard, especially for employees.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-14-2007 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 PM

yes i know the topic..i was just postin a little of my own wishes..sorry won't do that again..
i don't have a problem going outside to smoke..doesn't bother me at all..i think non smokers shouldn't have to enhale my smoke..don't want to share it anyway..

Old 10-18-2007, 02:43 PM

160 posts, read 486,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Well, that is not really true, the life expectancy has grown. When the retirement age was set at 65, most people did not even live that long. Now it's not uncommon for someone to live 20 yrs after retirement. I think it would be fine to ban alcohol at campgrounds. But the issue we are discussing here is smoking. The issue in the bars is really the employees being exposed to all that second hand smoke.
Then don't work in a bar? The waiters and waitresses in this area make plenty more than the bartenders do.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badatta2de View Post
Then don't work in a bar? The waiters and waitresses in this area make plenty more than the bartenders do.
How is that a solution? Maybe someone wants to be a bartender and avoid lung cancer and all the other problems from second hand smoke.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,538,631 times
I just read an article about a open public forum on smoking in Lebanon and only one business owner attended. I don't know what that means.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:27 PM

160 posts, read 486,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
How is that a solution? Maybe someone wants to be a bartender and avoid lung cancer and all the other problems from second hand smoke.
Then I would advise that person to move to someplace where smoking wasn't allowed in bars. I'm assuming if that is your chosen profession, you would check out the bars in the area before trying to work in one. Expecting the bar and all of it's patrons to change just because you want to work there is silly. If you're serving up liver cirrhosis, why complain that they're giving you bronchitis and sinus infections?

Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM

413 posts, read 1,846,497 times
In response to the topic at hand:

Yes Indiana is full of smokers. More so than any other state I have been too (except maybe WV). I don't smoke but my wife does and she hates it, but addiction is a real B&%$@!
She is one of the few who goes and "hides" aways from people when she does it because she feels ashamed of her habit. Indiana is mainly a blue collar state (as someone said before) so the smoking rate is much higher than more educated areas of the U.S.
Your absolutely right, smoke is very annoying and Indiana (like with many things) is 2 steps behind in educating against smoking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana