Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM

572 posts, read 2,487,222 times

Advertisements

Run and Run FAST from any house from Contry or Maplecrest.
Once again just do a Google search on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 03:39 PM

Here is the Tax rate on a house I looked up in Roscoe. The house is a 3 bed 2 bath 1758 sq ft in Chicory Ridge Built by Maplecrest.
[SIZE=-1]2006 Assessment:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]See 2006 Assessment Above[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Assessment Acres:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Fair Market Value:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$147,036[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Total Tax Amount:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$3,595.10[/SIZE]

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM

4 posts, read 12,537 times
Thumbs up I live in a Contry Home

I live in a Contry Home and have had zero issues. After a year, I had some drywall cracks, but after I called them, a Contry Homes service guys took care of the cracks. My subdivision is next to a Maplecrest one and I know several people who are unhappy with their Maplecrest home (very drafty and poorly constructed). When my neighbors called Maplcrest, they were ignored. The homes look similar, but my Contry Home is holding up much better.

We are actually thinking about moving into a bigger home and are definately going to buy a Contry Home! You cannot beat the value with Contry. Read the earlier posting, their homes appreciate very quickly!

I hope this helps.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 PM

4 posts, read 12,537 times
Oh, I forgot to mention, I heard from my real estate expert that Three Hammer homes are not well built? I'm no expert, but I guess it's all who you talk with. I'm happy with my Contry Home.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packback View Post
I live in a Contry Home and have had zero issues. After a year, I had some drywall cracks, but after I called them, a Contry Homes service guys took care of the cracks. My subdivision is next to a Maplecrest one and I know several people who are unhappy with their Maplecrest home (very drafty and poorly constructed). When my neighbors called Maplcrest, they were ignored. The homes look similar, but my Contry Home is holding up much better.

We are actually thinking about moving into a bigger home and are definately going to buy a Contry Home! You cannot beat the value with Contry. Read the earlier posting, their homes appreciate very quickly!

I hope this helps.
I stand corrected with the two being owned by the same person. I was told different by a person who came out and fixed the problems my Maplecrest home had and yes they did fix them and then I SOLD it as fast as I could.
You are right when you say they appreciate I paid $139,000 new and two years later I sold it for $169,000. It was more of timing then anything else. I see these same houses now on the market for $145,000.
Do your homework

Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,958 times
I lived in Roscoe 15 years, take heed run like the dickens and get away as far as you can. The schools have slid downhill badly. The town has also been running downhill. I thought it was a nice place to live until I moved to another state and saw what a good place to live is like. That whole area, Rockford, Loves Park, Machesny Park, and Beloit are economic disaster zones! Take my advice RUN, RUN, RUN!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,958 times
Default Run from Roscoe

Run away as fast as you can from Roscoe, it as well as Rockford, Loves Park, Beloit WI and Machnesy Park are economic disaster Zones

Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times
I know nothing about these builders. I just looked on the website. Three Hammer has rentals. If you are interested in these homes, I would rent one first. I do not know if the other companies have rentals or not.

There is nothing wrong with a septic and well. By law they are a required to be X feet apart. Every county is different. One cannot use a septic system like a city sewer system. If you do you will need to have it pumped every year. Most companies recommend the septic be pumped every 3 years. Septic systems are solid concrete that does not leak. Water is flushed through field tiles. Do NOT plant trees near field tiles as trees will grew in them. The expense is not in pumping the septic, it is in replacing field tile the invasion of tree roots ruined.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:18 AM

627 posts, read 1,847,358 times
linicx, you've been around for 10,000 posts and you post a response to a 3 year old post? Good lord....

Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times
You have 533 posts in 6.9 years. MYOB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois