Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM

90 posts, read 353,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytruck View Post
Jeff,

Great post.....Quick question..Do you see property values going up or staying pretty steady in Candlewick? I'm looking to re-finance some time in the near future but don't want to waste my time if the market won't support it. The new golf course was suppose to boost values, have you seen that in your travels? Thanks,

Pat
Well I wish I could tell you that Savanah Oaks will have a huge impact on the values there but I can't. For one, those homes are simply not moving as fast as everyone was hoping they would. Secondly, I truly believe that the only homes that will really benefit from the course are the homes on the lake or the homes that are at the far north end of the community like Staffordshire and parts of Rochester. Of course this is just my opinion. If I could put my finger on what the market will do in the future, I'd be a very rich man.
However, your real estate is still safe here. You can still expect a minimum annual gain of 3%, which is really not bad considering the average gain was only 5% for those crazy years. Also, if you are planning on a re-fi, you will get a tremendous amount more on that appraisal as opposed to a resale.

If you would like some references for your re-fi, let me know and I'd be happy to send a few contacts your way.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 20,344 times
Default Thanks for the quick reply

I live in the NW side off Columbia. I would love for some referances. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,711 times
Default Candlewick Lake Poplar Grove, IL

We have lived in Candlewick Lake for almost 4 years now. I can't wait to move, but the resale value is so poor in this comminuty that we feel stuck (above and beyond the current housing market probelms). I'm quite sure we will have to take a loss to move. There are a number of things that we dislike about the neighborhood. We do enjoy having the lake so close by, but the commitee that runs the lake has some serious issues. For example, they overloaded the lake with grass carps- and now are trying to eliminate them. No fishing with minnows, but then they stock an extreme amount of minnows themselves. The roads are never properly plowed. Both school districts are less than desirable. The golf course continues to lose money. I drove by last week to see 1 home sold and a bunch of empty models. Tickets magically arrive in your mailbox for fines that you never committed. Then, when you go inf ront of the committee, they treat you poorly. Not to mention the way in which the front office staff treats the residents. The pool is commonly closed for repair and fungal problems. The parks are not updated. The water bill is astrinomical. The new restaurant had a new manager every other week and continues to be in the red. My problems and complaints definately out weight the perks.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 19,289 times
Default Avoid Candlewick

While the idea of a gated community is nice, the price of homes in this subdivision has lent itself to less desirable people being able to move in. Not to mention the trailer park trash that live in the adjacent south east side of the property. Then you have the association. I deplore all homeowner associations but this one is particularly bad. It is run by the more moneyed group of asshats that live in Candlewick. They think they can run the entire town. I have yet to meet anyone who lives in Candlewick that does not have some kind of complaint. This is gated community living gone bad.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:09 PM

5 posts, read 67,073 times
Red face It Is A Nice Place To Live

Those folks that are complaining will never find a "perfect" neighborhood to live in, if you do, please let us all know!!! Citations don't just show up in your mailbox, they are given to folks who are in violation of some kind. They are meant to keep the community safe & clean. If you follow the rules which is just plain old common sense you will be fine. Yes, they want the trashcans brought up timely, they don't want debris laying around, animals running about and they enforce the speed limit, etc.
Those that are complaining about the roads, lake and so forth; get involved or stop complaining!! This community is run by volunteers and there are endless committees that will gladly except your help.
Please stop pointing out the negative and look at the good this community has to offer in our very low association dues about 80.00 a month.

swimming pool, a lake for boating, fishing and jet skiing, rec center which hosts many activities year round, YMCA - on site, tennis courts, numerous parks, our very own restaurant, snack bar (in summer), a great 4th of July event with the best fireworks, need i go on??

Old 03-07-2008, 11:06 AM

62 posts, read 300,044 times
You made a mistake. As a Realtor I cringe when I hear that name.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 20,382 times
I'm thinking of buying a house here.

I've heard a lot of whining, but nothing that makes me want to stay away. People are complaining about cutting their lawn, the association, and getting tickets. I think having to cut your lawn and obey laws are good things. I don't want to live in a dump and I don't want my kids to get hit by speeding cars. The realtor says he cringes but does not give any reasons why. Is it because he has to work a little bit at his job?

I believe there are some genuine concerns like the resale value and price of water/sewage.

soccer43 said "get involved or stop complaining!! This community is run by volunteers and there are endless committees that will gladly except your help. Please stop pointing out the negative and look at the good this community has to offer in our very low association dues about 80.00 a month. swimming pool, a lake for boating, fishing and jet skiing, rec center which hosts many activities year round, YMCA - on site, tennis courts, numerous parks, our very own restaurant, snack bar (in summer), a great 4th of July event "

I agree about getting involved and I don't even live there. The pictures on the web page look like people are having fun enjoying their summer on the beach. That is one thing I am looking for.

Things that I want to know are:
Is the fishing good?
Is the lake safe for my children to swim in?
Is it safe to walk around the beach / rec center or home from them at night?

Please post references to support your facts if you have them.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 AM

5 posts, read 67,073 times
we don't do fishing but from what i hear it is good; many folks go fishing all the time. Ice fishing in the winter.
The lake is fine to swim in, the lake management team makes sure it's safe to swim in. you can also bring your boat, jet ski etc on the lake.
yes, it safe to be out at night. my kids are at the rec center a lot and never had any problems.
Overall it is a safe community. we don't always lock our doors, we leave our windows open, garage door open and never worry. The community is what you make of it. CWL offers so many activities and events which they list in the CWL monthly newpaper.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 20,382 times
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to get a good feeling about why there are so many houses for sale. I see many relatively new houses, so I suspect it has a little to do with over saturation due to new construction.

I think it's great that you are just east of Rock Cut state park. I like to hike and go x-country skiing in the winter.

Anyway, I'm heading out there to check out a bunch of houses and drive around to see what the place is like.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM

572 posts, read 2,487,085 times
Rock Cut is one of the best State Parks I have been to. Great place to enjoy a day or two. Very well maintained
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois