Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,611,220 times

Advertisements

I have the basic plus one added package with comcast. Now they come out with Exfinity!! I was happy with what I had, even though I felt I over paid for what I got. Well, I went to get the box, not difficult to set up. Remote is a whole new story!! I have so many sets of instructions my brain was fried!! Swore I was reading "war and Peace". I only watch about 4 stations, none of which I would be able to keep without their new setup. I tried for hours to set it up. My only option is to pay a technician or give up my cable. I am so angry!
We decided to keep only internet till another service can be acquired. As far as our cable T.V., You're fired comcast!! So tired of comcast "deciding" what the public wants!!
I'm waiting for the day when there will no longer be a monopoly. I'm sure it will be the death of comcast!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 03:44 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,888 times
Maybe you should be "Yelping" this.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,561 times
Probably. But Comcast does suck. Although, I haven't had cable since 2006 and haven't had a television since I was robbed about a year ago. I suppose I've eliminated the source of the problem!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Probably. But Comcast does suck.
The prices they charge are outrageous.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,611,220 times
The only thing I'll miss are the history shows. I should save about 70 dollars a month without TV. I don't have time to watch a lot anyway.
Time for a good book!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,561 times
In all seriousness, that's what I do. You'd be amazed at the stuff you can find at your local library (if it's big enough.) I've found that Chicago Public Library has a seemingly infinite amount of materials. I do most of my casual watching on Hulu; you should try it too.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,252,946 times
There is an option. Direct TV or Dish. You are probably going to run into the same problem as it is most likely that Rockford is an HD region. They don't want to give you basic cable - which does NOT include your Local ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS or FOX stations which are still Analog in most markets. They want to force you into taking HD instead which is more expensive. You may or may not have a good channel selection when compared to Comcast. This is my most recent experience with a statellite dealer about 90 days ago. I won; I do not have HD but I do have digital satellite. .

Last edited by linicx; 01-11-2011 at 04:41 PM..

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,507,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
There is an option. Direct TV or Dish. You are probably going to run into the same problem as it is most likely that Rockford is an HD region. They don't want to give you basic cable - which does NOT include your Local ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS or FOX stations which are still Analog in most markets. They want to force you into taking HD instead which is more expensive. You may or may not have a good channel selection when compared to Comcast. This is mot most recent experience with a statellite dealer about 90 days agao. I won; I do not have HD but I do have digital satellite. .
No stations in the US are still analog. They all broadcast digital signals.

Local stations cost more to add because the local stations have refused to allow their signals be re-broadcast via cable or satellite without them getting paid. This is despite the fact that the local stations allow their customers to get their signal for free, with an antenna and they actually have a broader customer base if they provide their signal to cable and satellite. It is a case of greed by the local TV stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois