Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,939 times

Advertisements

Sweeping across the Nation! Americans have had enough!

Quote:
A whopping 85 percent of likely Republican primary voters would support an Arizona-like law in Nevada to crack down on illegal immigrants, according to a new poll that shows why GOP candidates in the U.S. Senate and gubernatorial races have rushed to praise the border state.
Nevadans support illegal immigration crackdown - News - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Sweeping across the Nation! Americans have had enough!

Nevadans support illegal immigration crackdown - News - ReviewJournal.com
Gee, what a concept. People in favor of enforcing the laws that are already on the books. CONGRESS,...ARE YOU LISTENING?

Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 951 times
Default illegals....not racial.....just facts

Look.........if someone would get a task force together and ship ALL the illegals here in Vegas back to where they came from, put armed security on our borders (Preferably the U.S. Army) this economy would turn around. Look.........just in my neighbor hood alone (and I live in a decent part of Vegas....they have 3-5 Hispanic families living together in a 2 story single family home....hmmmm....3 bedrooms 11 people. I guess that's were our Realtor got the word "Stacking"
Anywho......lets do some math. Say.....5 adults in the home (Many times it is MORE) each making between minimum wage and 9 dollars an hour. (this include the illegal Home Depot crew's) Now, making an average of about 8$hr.....times 5adults = 40$hr times 40hours week = 1,600$ a week times 4 weeks = 6,400$ month. WOW!!!!!! And this is happening!!!! all over Vegas. The money they don't use gets shipped back to Mexico where it is worth a lot more there....hence....our money is not staying in our economy for that matter not even our country.

I am a skilled laborer (6g Certified Welder). The company I worked for said they were having a reduction in staff and let quite a few people go. Two weeks later I went back to find a bunch of people there that could barely speak English taking work away from Veterans (like me) and there families. I went from making 60k a year to unemployment. Look.....im not trying to feel sorry for myself....just trying to voice what is happening and maybe the right people will here it. I have even wrote the President of the U.S. I am a 3 time Honorably discharge U.S. Army Infantry Veteran and what is going on in this City is ****IN BULL****!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 AM

364 posts, read 244,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkwelder View Post
Look.........if someone would get a task force together and ship ALL the illegals here in Vegas back to where they came from, put armed security on our borders (Preferably the U.S. Army) this economy would turn around. Look.........just in my neighbor hood alone (and I live in a decent part of Vegas....they have 3-5 Hispanic families living together in a 2 story single family home....hmmmm....3 bedrooms 11 people. I guess that's were our Realtor got the word "Stacking"
Anywho......lets do some math. Say.....5 adults in the home (Many times it is MORE) each making between minimum wage and 9 dollars an hour. (this include the illegal Home Depot crew's) Now, making an average of about 8$hr.....times 5adults = 40$hr times 40hours week = 1,600$ a week times 4 weeks = 6,400$ month. WOW!!!!!! And this is happening!!!! all over Vegas. The money they don't use gets shipped back to Mexico where it is worth a lot more there....hence....our money is not staying in our economy for that matter not even our country.

I am a skilled laborer (6g Certified Welder). The company I worked for said they were having a reduction in staff and let quite a few people go. Two weeks later I went back to find a bunch of people there that could barely speak English taking work away from Veterans (like me) and there families. I went from making 60k a year to unemployment. Look.....im not trying to feel sorry for myself....just trying to voice what is happening and maybe the right people will here it. I have even wrote the President of the U.S. I am a 3 time Honorably discharge U.S. Army Infantry Veteran and what is going on in this City is ****IN BULL****!!!!!!
that aint right you bein a vet
let tha man jack them ilegalls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration