Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times

Advertisements

I personally love the last line in the story. Says it all.

"Life there is awful, but I don't go to the U.S. because I like living there," he added. "I go because I like dollars'

FOXNews.com - Despite Ariz. Law, Illegals Vow to Keep Coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
They'll go straight to California where the open-borders politicians have thrown out the red carpet to them. Of course illegals will keep on coming, it's easier than reforming their own countries, and they love the money and the government handouts here.

It's smart for Arizona to make it known that illegals should bypass AZ, unemployment rates are high enough without millions more arriving to take jobs or food stamps. Let the illegals head to CA, where the politicians have made it very clear they are welcome - no limit.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
odd... i recall many in the pro-illegal faction bellowing quite recently that the passage of this bill was going to devastate AZ because mexicans would no longer come in to shop

Quote:
The line of Mexicans waiting to go shopping in Arizona snakes twice around the sun-drenched plaza, even as politicians nearby slap stickers on cars calling for a boycott of the U.S. state.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:34 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote "Some Mexican officials even warn that an economic boycott of Arizona could backfire if companies there lay off Mexican workers who would then no longer be able to send remittances back home."

If legal workers get laid off this has officially back fired.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
odd... i recall many in the pro-illegal faction bellowing quite recently that the passage of this bill was going to devastate AZ because mexicans would no longer come in to shop
I very much doubt that most of the people in Mexico are all that fond of illegals here who insist that their country is too much a hell hole to live in.

Illegals will insist they are in the USA to "better themselves" as though they are now better than people who love their country and remain in it.

I don't think many Mexican shoppers will boycott for the benefit of their ex-pats who put down their country more than anyone.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 AM

758 posts, read 2,241,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I very much doubt that most of the people in Mexico are all that fond of illegals here who insist that their country is too much a hell hole to live in.

Illegals will insist they are in the USA to "better themselves" as though they are now better than people who love their country and remain in it.

I don't think many Mexican shoppers will boycott for the benefit of their ex-pats who put down their country more than anyone.
Yup... people in Mexico totally agree that their country is a utopian paradise.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
Yup... people in Mexico totally agree that their country is a utopian paradise.
I think most would agree there are problems but they aren't all abandoning their country. There's nothing wrong with most of Mexico. You could live a fine life in Guadalajara, Pueble, Mexico City - and it's not that there are no problems but those millions "fleeing" for the dollars of the USA are not bettering Mexico.

I admire the hard working good people of Mexico who are working to improve their country and in spite of what the illegals claim, Mexico has a fairly high standard of living, a growing middle class, wonderful beaches and climate.

Mexico is among the wealthiest nations in the world, which doesn't mean there isn't poverty there -- but if someone in Mexico finishes their education, delays the start of a family until they have completed their education, married, obtained a job and some job skills, they will very likely join the growing middle class.

If they choose to start a family at a very young age, drop out of school especially very early, have baby after baby that they cannot afford, then yes they will be poor. Yes if they get to the USA, all will be great, they can have food stamps, free health care - but they are not "bettering themselves", certainly are not "better" than those who stay in Mexico and better themselves through education and hard work.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
Quote:
They'll go straight to California where the open-borders politicians have thrown out the red carpet to them. Of course illegals will keep on coming, it's easier than reforming their own countries, and they love the money and the government handouts here.

It's smart for Arizona to make it known that illegals should bypass AZ, unemployment rates are high enough without millions more arriving to take jobs or food stamps. Let the illegals head to CA, where the politicians have made it very clear they are welcome - no limit.
Not only does the red carpet of welcome fly high in California, but what is more obscene is this: Since their haven of a once Golden State has become bankrupt by the siphoning of American dollars by illegal aliens, the unmoralistic politicians then stand on the podium and say 'Go! flourish into the Country! Be heard! Spread across the country!" blah blah when all they really want is for them to get out of their state too...The naiveté of these illegals is astounding to me and have never encountered such ignorance, especially to American politics.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Not only does the red carpet of welcome fly high in California, but what is more obscene is this: Since their haven of a once Golden State has become bankrupt by the siphoning of American dollars by illegal aliens, the unmoralistic politicians then stand on the podium and say 'Go! flourish into the Country! Be heard! Spread across the country!" blah blah when all they really want is for them to get out of their state too...The naiveté of these illegals is astounding to me and have never encountered such ignorance, especially to American politics.
California had better brace itself. The word is out, California welcomes illegals, it's politicians want them and in unlimited numbers. Illegals should boycott Arizona and instead head straight to California where they will be joined by hundreds of thousands of illegals fleeing Arizona.

And there will be nothing these racist pandering politicians can do to stop them. They've opened a pandora's box.

It would be almost entertaining to watch - watch the CA politicians and pro-illegals deal with even higher unemployment rates and needs for government services. But they want them, so they cannot complain about paying for them.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times
Quote:
I think most would agree there are problems but they aren't all abandoning their country. There's nothing wrong with most of Mexico. You could live a fine life in Guadalajara, Pueble, Mexico City - and it's not that there are no problems but those millions "fleeing" for the dollars of the USA are not bettering Mexico.

I admire the hard working good people of Mexico who are working to improve their country and in spite of what the illegals claim, Mexico has a fairly high standard of living, a growing middle class, wonderful beaches and climate.

Mexico is among the wealthiest nations in the world, which doesn't mean there isn't poverty there -- but if someone in Mexico finishes their education, delays the start of a family until they have completed their education, married, obtained a job and some job skills, they will very likely join the growing middle class.

If they choose to start a family at a very young age, drop out of school especially very early, have baby after baby that they cannot afford, then yes they will be poor. Yes if they get to the USA, all will be great, they can have food stamps, free health care - but they are not "bettering themselves", certainly are not "better" than those who stay in Mexico and better themselves through education and hard work.
This is all true, I'll give my family history as an example.

Both my granparents were working class mexicans, from my mother's side my grandmother a school teacher and my grandparent (rip) a truck driver.

from my father's side, my grandmother a secretary(rip), who was abandoned by my grandfather (rip) with 4 children!

Both of my parents studied, my mother didn't finish her career though because they married when my mom was 19 and my father 21, my father finished his MD as a gastroenterologist surgeon. he didn't have to pay a single penny because he studied in the UNAM which is free for Mexican citizens. I was born when my mom was 21 and my father 24 he was still a student when I was born.

Thanks to my father's degree, we became middle class, it wasn't easy but it's a proof that is possible, yes because of this I had it much better than most poor Mexicans but still nothing came for free in my life, all what I've done (which maybe isn't much ) is a result of hard work and determination, and my fathers or my grandfather didn't, my mom tell me how her parents had to be very strict with money spending, because of this they were able to purchase a house, before they lived in the multifamiliar juarez (cheap housing built for public school teachers similar to sector 8 housing in the USA)

There are many things in Mexico that make me angry and frustrated, the two main things are.

1 our government and corruption
2 the looser and whinner mindset of some.

Yet I'd never speak bad of Mexico or I would consider moving to other place permanently, I've seen a lot of countries during my life time, I even worked for some time in the USA on a H1b visa and lived in Brazil for 2 years, I love the world, I love my friends in the countries I've visited but Mexico is and will always be my home.

I don't have a problem with a sovereign state doing what it thinks it's good for their own interests, yet I believe that cracking down on illegal alien employers would be a better solution that a law that could be abused.

That's all I have to say, good day to everybody.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 05-03-2010 at 09:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration