Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 PM

948 posts, read 894,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
There is another self-proclaimed conservative who is not in favor of this but understands the need for constructive solutions to the problem of illegal immigration.

“Arizona is ground zero for the wingnuts. There’s a problem with illegal immigration and no one wants to do anything constructive about it so you get crap like this."
Oh yeah anywhere anyone tries to do anything that makes SENSE it's ground zero for wingnuts.

It's attitudes like that why there is a ground swell of people that are really getting fed up and are so completely ticked off they're about to go ballistic. The steam is singing in the teapot and if someone doesn't turn down the heat somebody will eventually get burned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM

45,239 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
There is another self-proclaimed conservative who is not in favor of this but understands the need for constructive solutions to the problem of illegal immigration.

"Thus far, I think that both Arizona legislation and the national media have done a poor job articulating the real problems with illegal immigration in Arizona. And like all things in this country, partisan politics is getting in the way of actually solving the problem in an effective manner. I emailed a good friend of mine who lives in Arizona and also works in politics to ask him what he thought of the law and he answered: “Arizona is ground zero for the wingnuts. There’s a problem with illegal immigration and no one wants to do anything constructive about it so you get crap like this."
Pointless, McCain offers up criticisms and no solutions.

Dialogue will not keep these people out.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 PM

948 posts, read 894,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pointless, McCain offers up criticisms and no solutions.
He wants to win again. His day is long passed.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This law will lead to having the police harassing American citizens all over the country. Every 'security" agency lusts for the ability to walk up to anyone anywhere and asking, "Papers, please".
This law is not only unecessary it is the first big step to a totalitarian country.
I fear very much that you are correct.

I have witnessed good ole Sheriff Joe in action personally. As if that wasn't enough.
It only gets worse from here.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I see nothing of the kind. What new laws? what gov expansion? enforcing sxisting laws is what we pay the Police to do
It wasn't an existing law, that's why they had to make it a law and the governor had to sign it.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:23 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I see nothing of the kind. What new laws? what gov expansion? enforcing sxisting laws is what we pay the Police to do
They are expanding federal duties to local police. I am sure all police Depts are going to have a massive hiring campaign, to deal with the new "responsibilities". God knows, these folks don't want to be sued for not enforcing this new "law".

Old 04-28-2010, 05:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Utah is drafting a similar law, due to the failure of federal government to secure our borders. It's been years that they've talked about the need for doing it, even Obama echoed that (because he kew that's what the people wanted to hear), then stopped the building of the fence once he was in office.

Go figure.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This law will lead to having the police harassing American citizens all over the country. Every 'security" agency lusts for the ability to walk up to anyone anywhere and asking, "Papers, please".
This law is not only unnecessary it is the first big step to a totalitarian country.
While I'm sitting in jail for not buying HEALTH CARE coverage , I will start to worry about thet first big step .

Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,369 times
In Chicago, if a gang member kills someone, the police are NOT allowed to ask his immigration status.
Now would it be taking the rights away from the shooter if they were allowed to inquire?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Of course some conservatives are really neo-cons and some just want unlimited cheap labor which gets them fast profits. Obviously many Republicans like having live-in maids and landscapers but don't want to pay them and there are some like Pelosi whose family fortunes were made by employing nothing but the cheapest of workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration