Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Nearly 30 people gathered for a candlelight vigil in front of Gov. Jan Brewer's Glendale home Sunday night in a bid to convince her to veto Senate Bill 1070.

Protesters held signs, linked arms for prayers and sang "This Land Is Your Land" to protest the bill they say could increase racial profiling in Arizona.
Candlelight vigil held at Governor Jan Brewer's home to protest tough immigration bill

Bloody illegal alien apologists are crossing the line here.

Go protest in front of the Mexican Consulate instead. Losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
They are getting more and more desperate and brazen, aren't they? I can't wait till their demands of an amnesty falls apart in their faces.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
I still cannot fathom their concerns? They came here illegally and are protesting us enforcing our laws, creating scenarios which leave no alternative but to create stronger stiffer laws. Leave! Get the message you are here illegally and have no rights to anything until you go through the proper channels. What makes it so hard for them to grasp this?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I still cannot fathom their concerns? They came here illegally and are protesting us enforcing our laws, creating scenarios which leave no alternative but to create stronger stiffer laws. Leave! Get the message you are here illegally and have no rights to anything until you go through the proper channels. What makes it so hard for them to grasp this?
Being that virtually all illegal aliens are Hispanic (of any actual race); a major cultural trait of them is a lack of respect for the Rule of Law since back home the authorities are usually corrupt and are feared-----------not respected like here. Read that the above losers simply carry on with those Third World attitudes here in the USA starting with their mere presence.

In other words: about the only thing said illegals understand is brutality-------which does not fly here. Although; the fear of no more birthright citizenship DOES petrify them since it then becomes much harder to scam the system.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:09 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
Another redundancy I observe is the thinking on their (illegals) part is that some form of compassion will change opinions and laws. Laws hold no compassion. It is very black and white, with a few loopholes. Showing pics of babies and hubby's or screaming my mom is being deported fall on deaf ears to lawmakers. It has to. It is the justice system and if compassion were the rule, many murderers would be walking freely...I guess they are following the premise that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, which only results in buying a new wheel these days, hence, new laws. Regarding opening arms (borders) that will never happen, formally.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,527,987 times
This is not an immigration issue it's a ILLEGAL ALIEN issue

Why is it on this issue that for some reason people are
not politically correct as to what it REALLY is

I see no reason for any American to support this

Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
"I want to provide for my family. I want to be able to pay for my house, but I can't get a job because I don't have papers," Chalin told the group of protestors.

"I'm an illegal Guatemalan; I want a chance for hope and to be free like everybody else," he said.

Ya, so do the people that you stole the jobs from over that time span too. No sympathy from me job thief. Go home!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,352,790 times
They should have taken the opportunity to arrest and deport all of them. It is true that some countries do not have the standard of living that we have in the USA and that is unfortunate. However, immigration to the USA is not the answer to all the ills of the world.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 PM

157 posts, read 137,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They are getting more and more desperate and brazen, aren't they? I can't wait till their demands of an amnesty falls apart in their faces.
If only they would be this brazen in their own nations.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:17 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
If only they would be this brazen in their own nations.
We keep hearing the stories about how bad things are in their home Country, that they are coming across in fear and want asylum. The stories are endless telling us how dangerous it is in Mexico and that they have no choice but to leave.

Why do they keep flapping that stupid Mexican flag around? How can someone love something that has treated them so viciously? Seriously? It's like a woman that won't leave a man that beats her and keeps going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration