Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Mayor Barletta/Hazleton, PA
Yes. It's Time To Stop Illegal Immigration NOW! 61 82.43%
No. Legal Immigrants are Feeling the Squeeze. 5 6.76%
Undecided. 2 2.70%
Where's Hazleton? Who's Barletta? 6 8.11%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times

Advertisements

All i got to say is if Barlotta wants to run for mayor of alexandria or ceo of fairfax county in VA he has my vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 PM

354 posts, read 325,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Internal problems of our country are not an excuse to import similar defects. Instead, immigrants should be those ones who in exchange of having the great opportunity of coming to the best nation in the world, have the right skills and education to replace those bad Americans. However, the vast majority of current immigrants, come here without skills and without education, of course they commit crimes because they need to survive, and then use the excuse "some Americans do the same too"

What is this!? a Circus?
I just love what you posted and I so totally agree with you. I am sick of those that use the excuse that since we have citizens that commit crimes that it should be ok to continue to import even more criminals. And make no mistake, illegals are all criminals, ever last one of them. They broke the law to come here or to stay here and then they continue to break the law by using amnd forging fake IDs and etc.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,437,470 times
Unhappy What a bummer....

Round one was won, in FAVOR FOR Illegals in the city of Hazleton/ PA, and ruled a city ordinance for the preservation of legal residents interest "unconstitutional".
Lou Barletta is on the right track of taking this matter to a higher court, and residents are ready to back him up 100%. (The legal residents...that is )
Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton are way to "political", and it might be in the best interest, to get it moved AWAY from that area.....
I can't believe that Illegal Immigrants are breaking laws to be here in the USA in the first place, but then get backed up AND protected by our own government...when they are NOT supposed to be in existence here in the first place.

Am I missing something here????????

Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 PM

398 posts, read 1,410,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
I just love what you posted and I so totally agree with you. I am sick of those that use the excuse that since we have citizens that commit crimes that it should be ok to continue to import even more criminals. And make no mistake, illegals are all criminals, ever last one of them. They broke the law to come here or to stay here and then they continue to break the law by using amnd forging fake IDs and etc.

They will use 1000 excuses. Politicians will use 1000 excuses. Millions of Americans will fall into the game and continue the debate. What we do with them; do we send them back; do we give them amnesty. Well, fellow Americans, yall MUST have one single thing very clear in yall mind. THERE IS NO DEBATE HERE. Everything around the issue has been created for political reasons/corruption. The soluition for the issue is one: deport every single illegal immigrant, seal the border, deny residence to those legal who support illegals wich at the end makes them uncompatible with the American way of thinking. There are no laws to reform to fix this specific problem. There are no laws to discuss; everything is already written in our books for decades. There is one institution hired by us to protect and enforce our laws; the governement; but as a bad employee, they are not doing their job. If they don't, since it is almost impossible to fire them, we should do the job. At the end, this nation was created by Americans for Americans. We the people have the tools in our hands and we must make that very clear to everybody.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:38 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,660,130 times
I agree with you eaglecall.My kindergarten age brother already had to start learning Spanish,in kindergarten.I think we need to deport all the illegals and build that wall.Make it 50 feet high.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 AM

354 posts, read 325,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I agree with you eaglecall.My kindergarten age brother already had to start learning Spanish,in kindergarten.I think we need to deport all the illegals and build that wall.Make it 50 feet high.
I agree completely. What I really would like to see if a moat of some kind and maybe pur aligators in in it. They might get over or under the wall but then they would have to contend with the moat.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,033,848 times
Wow, it looks like this country FINALLY has someone on a state/local level who has the c-o-jones to stand up to the limp-wristed federal government and say, "Up yours, I don't care if you like it or not, I'm pushing the illegals out of my city!"

Even if the feds order you to do otherwise, what power do they really have if you ignore them? Don't they have to have an executive order to take action against you? Do you really think GWB is going to stick his nose in something like this, with an approval rating in the 30s?

Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 AM

915 posts, read 3,182,249 times
hell they should take a step further...those without a job mooching on the aids from the government -nothing to do with any medical problems...just lazy..should be classified as the same!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 PM

78 posts, read 139,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Considering I reside in the same county as Hazleton, PA, a community of 25,000 residents that has been in the national spotlight recently for the immigration issue, I was just curious for your insights into the situation there. Mayor Lou Barletta has been hailed as a "hero" by thousands and cruised to an easy re-election victory in his party in the recent May primaries for his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Essentially, Mayor Barletta proposed legislation (that was approved by council) that made it illegal to rent or employ an illegal alien in the city limits, and those who either rented to or employed illegals would be fined. Considering Hazleton has a rapidly-growing Hispanic population, this issue has divided the community. My main gripe with his legislation is that while I agree that illegals are ruining our nation by taking advantage of its services without paying for their upkeep, he also knew that most of the residents of Hazleton are already prone to prejudice and racism. He's just added a bit of "fire" under their butts, and now all Hispanics in the city---illegal and legal alike---are feeling very unwelcomed by the growing hostilities there.

I believe it was Stalin who said "When you chop wood, chips fly." In this sense, is it okay to press onward with these efforts to thwart illegal immigration if already-existing legal Hispanic immigrants are likewise feeling the pain? If so, then how would you explain that to these people without coming off as a racist?
And where is this clown (Barletta) now????
He just lost in another attempt to become a US congressman, It tells the tale about support for these type of fanatics in my country. The reality is that we are a multi-cultural society with a heavy hispanic influence, that will keep on growing political muscle.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:55 PM

41 posts, read 101,563 times
Wow, take a bitter pill? He is 1. not a fanatic. 2. not a clown. He was doing what was and still is best for that town. Yes this is unfortunately a multicult country. But they need to do it as LEGAL immigrants they broke the law to get here they have no rights, so please stop complaining. I wish he had won and i was pulling for him, its just not to the point yet that people are bright enough that the illegals there are destroying the towns they inhabit. Here in my town its the same way, the mayor of my town and his father own the rental agency that rents to the illegals therefore the sheriff refuses to deport or at least arrest illegals. Its quite obvious who they are when you see 1 car in an apartment complex with a legal tag on it. The rest won't get tags because that requires a license which they can not get because they are illegal. They have taken the few jobs we have in my town mostly fast food but also construction, mostly road work which i applied for because i have a cdl. I didnt get that because 1. i am white. 2. they had to meet there disgusting quota. You may like having your jobs ripped from you or are unable to get work because the few jobs are taken by illegals but i and most others do not! My brother had to get work 40 miles away because all the illegals had taken the jobs at the mcdonalds here. I cant even order food without having to ask for someone who speaks english. I can go on and on but you really hit a real irritated button with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration