Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:39 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,171,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Ya' know, if the illegals were all 19 year old French and Swedish girls ya'll would not have a problem.
I'm sure some of them ARE 19 year-old French and Swedish girls. They need to get lost too.

Quote:
The illegals do not hurt me or you, they contribute greatly to the economic well being of this country. I walk out to get the paper at 6:00 in the morning, dark, cold, they are out in the fields working hard as they will do until late afternoon, I challenge any of you to spend a season in the fields. In fact John McCain offered $50,000 to any white man who would spend a season in the Yuma fields, he did not have one taker.
What RUBBISH. Illegals cost my state an estimated $2 billion a year...and that is accounting for their "economic contributions". Just think of what we could do for deserving Americans and legal immigrants with that money. I personally am furious at having to pay extra to subsidize a criminal black market.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,455,834 times
It may behoove ya'll to research the conditions that confronted the Swedes and others who immigrated to this nation in the 19th and early 20th century.

If you looked at the reasons for banning Asian immigration a hundred years ago, you will see that the same rationales for banning Asians are used against the Mexicans today.

The root is the same.

I think of the various nationalities who immigrated to this country who were persecuted and in some cases massacred by the dominant culture. Reading up on Sacco and Vannzetti, and the Nevada Charcoal war would be worth your while.

The basis is bias, now you can say that Hispanics are not a race, but, they are "unlike" the dominant culture, that is sufficient for persecution. I would bet, if it were measurable, that if every hispanic in this country had entered legally the same bias would occur, the rationale would simply drop the illegal part and would continue with the same prejudicial statements as represented by this;
Quote:
If I had 20 Swedish people crammed into a 2-bedroom house next door (and several others) the problem is the same. Also if a school is overwhelmed by several hundred Swedes and must take away from the other children to teach them English. Or worse the citizen's kid must take his tests in Swedish. If Swedish people decided they were above the laws the rest of us must follow there would be resentment.
The Swedes, or the Hispanics that the statement draws an inference from could be legal, the prejudice against them would remain.

Quote:
What RUBBISH. Illegals cost my state an estimated $2 billion a year...and that is accounting for their "economic contributions".
This statement is not based on actual fact

Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,482,970 times
Quote:
It may behoove ya'll to research the conditions that confronted the Swedes and others who immigrated to this nation in the 19th and early 20th century.

If you looked at the reasons for banning Asian immigration a hundred years ago, you will see that the same rationales for banning Asians are used against the Mexicans today.

The root is the same.

Central American immigration is actually unlike other Hispanic, Asian, and European culture immigration on a couple of levels.

#1 reason is that there is no desire to "become American." Rather only a desire to be a Mexican living in America. Citizenship is only useful to bring more people over. There is neither desire nor necessity to assimilate any more.

And can you understand the motivations (all this incessant bleating about the Mexican American war and "brown power") and so-called "leaders" of "Hispanic" immigration are their own worst enemies? If they'd lay off the reconquista talk, they'd not attract so much negative attention.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 AM

16,086 posts, read 41,265,306 times
ND, try $2 billion just for the city of Dallas!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
This statement is not based on actual fact
I suppose it's not a fact unless you agree with it, right?

I was actually being very generous. Read it and weep:

FAIR: : Costs of Illegal Immigration to Texans: Executive Summary

Quote:

Analysis of the latest Census data indicates Texas’s illegal immigrant population is costing the state’s taxpayers more than $4.7 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. Even if the estimated tax contributions of illegal immigrant workers are subtracted, net outlays still amount to more than $3.7 billion per year. The annual fiscal burden amounts to about $725 per Texas household headed by a native-born resident.
This analysis looks specifically at the costs to the state for education, health care and incarceration resulting from illegal immigration. These three are the largest cost areas, and they are the same three areas analyzed in a 1994 study conducted by the Urban Institute, which provides a useful baseline for comparison ten years later. Other studies have been conducted in the interim, showing trends that support the conclusions of this report.
Other significant costs associated with illegal immigration exist, and these too should be taken into account by federal and state officials. Even without accounting for all of the numerous areas in which costs associated with illegal immigration are being incurred by Texas taxpayers, the program areas analyzed in this study indicate that the burden is substantial and that the costs are rapidly increasing.
The more than $4.7 billion in costs incurred by Texas taxpayers annually result from outlays in the following areas:
  • Education. Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in Texas and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Texans spend more than $4 billion annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings. About 11.9 percent of the K-12 public school students in Texas are children of illegal aliens.
  • Health Care. Taxpayer-funded medical outlays for health care provided to the state’s illegal alien population amount to about $520 million a year.
  • Incarceration. The uncompensated cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in Texas’s state and county prisons amounts to about $150 million a year (not including local jail detention costs or related law enforcement and judicial expenditures or the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration).
State and local taxes paid by the unauthorized immigrant population go toward offsetting these costs, but they do not come near to matching the expenses. The total of such payments can generously be estimated at slightly less than $1 billion per year.
The fiscal costs of illegal immigration do not end with these three major cost areas. The total costs of illegal immigration to the state’s taxpayers would be considerably higher if other cost areas such as special English instruction, welfare programs used by the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens, or welfare benefits for American workers displaced by illegal alien workers were also calculated.
While the primary responsibility for combating illegal immigration rests with the federal government, there are many measures that state and local governments can take to combat the problem. Texans should not be expected to assume this already large and growing burden from illegal immigration simply because local businesses or other special interests benefit from being able to employ lower cost workers. The state could adopt measures to systematically collect information on illegal alien use of taxpayer-funded services and on where they are employed. Policies could then be pursued to hold employers financially accountable.
The state could also enter into a cooperative agreement with the federal government for training local law enforcement personnel in immigration law so illegal immigrants apprehended for breaking the law can be expeditiously turned over to the immigration authorities for removal from the country. Similarly, local officials who have adopted “sanctuary” measures that shield illegal aliens from being reported to the immigration authorities should be urged to repeal them.
Texas has also voluntarily adopted policies that add to the cost burdens of illegal immigration. While all states are compelled under a 1982 U.S. Supreme Court decision to provide a free K-12 education to all children, irrespective of their immigration status, they are under no obligation to subsidize education beyond that point. Nevertheless, the Texas legislature and Governor Perry have decided to grant in-state tuition benefits at public colleges and universities to illegal aliens. It is unreasonable for a state to expect federal assistance to compensate for the fiscal burden of illegal immigration if it is pursuing policies that encourage illegal aliens to come and remain in the state.

Provide proof for this being false. If you can.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM

In Dallas we have already spent $1.4 billion on new classrooms. Now another $2 billion is proposed. That is just for one school district, doesn't count the free breakfasts and lunches, Parkland Hospital (having to build a new $1 billion building) etc...

Old 10-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
In Dallas we have already spent $1.4 billion on new classrooms. Now another $2 billion is proposed. That is just for one school district, doesn't count the free breakfasts and lunches, Parkland Hospital (having to build a new $1 billion building) etc...
It's sickening isn't it.

I'm sure some of those new classrooms would have to have been built to accomodate all the children of transplants, but I'd bet not as many would be needed if it weren't for all the illegals.

Every DISD school I pass...every last one...has all these temporary buildings all over the place. It's really sad.

Parkland also gets spanked by people from outside Dallas County coming for the free, high-quality healthcare. They usually only ever recover a fraction of what they're owed from those people.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM

I'm sure a few billion charged to the taxpayers might get the attention of someone in a smaller state who hasn't yet been invaded!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,541,534 times
Quote:
Greatbasinguide:

I agree with your comments. Please see this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...mographic.html

This thread is Exhibit A that there is indeed a great deal of racist undercurrent to the anti-immigration crowd here in City Data. These people are opposed to all forms of immigration , not just illegal immigration. They occasionally pay lip service to legal immigrants but in reality, even the legals cannot take solace from the fact that they followed the rules of the game. As far as these racist posters are concerned, the legal immigrants are just as unwelcome as the Mexicans who cross the border illegally.

The reason for the opposition is the fear that the white majority will soon become a minority in this country and will therefore lose all its perks and privileges that it has enjoyed for centuries. Just look at the title of the thread: it expresses angst over the supposed demographic change wrought by immigration....and this is translated as the anticipated dilution of the Caucasian population. Not that this is even going to happen. According to census figures, whites will decrease from about 80% to 52% of the population in the next 30 to 40 years. Mind you, 52% is still a majority, but apparently it is not good enough for these people.

Bottom line, this forum not about illegal immigration only. It is about opposing all forms of (non white) immigration. It is about the fight to preserve white supremacy in this country.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,455,834 times
Quote:
Provide proof for this being false. If you can.
I already did, check my Wall Street Journal quote.

Quote:
I'm sure a few billion charged to the taxpayers might get the attention of someone in a smaller state who hasn't yet been invaded!
This is a major point of mine, the whining is about the cost to the taxpayer, but it is racism disguised. Example, the wildfires in CA have done 2 billion in damage in the past 4 days according to the California Insurance Commissioner, now, if we extend that out to all wildfire damage in California alone over the past twenty years it will be billions more, yet we don't see people jumping up and down whining about brush.

Enormous economic damage is done to the national economy each year by wildfire, wildfire is controllable, the problem solvable, yet no no one is upset enough to whine on a board. Mexicans are picked on because they are Mexican, not because they are an economic problem.

Quote:
I'm sorry but I just don't get the liberal menatlity. Illegal aliens are just that, illegal.
This is another humorous idea. Illegal immigrants work for large businesses, many of which are Republican controled. Take agriculture for example, thousands of illegal immigrants work in the fields. If you visit the farms talk to the owners, nearly to a man they are Republicans, and they make a great deal of money from the hard labor of illegal immigrants.

Thinking that supporting illegal immigrants is a Liberal idea is nonsense. Through the 60's and 70's farmers ran camps hidden in canyons in CA for illegal seasonal workers to live in while the worked the crops, again these farmers were overwhelminingly Republican.

Let me toss in another factoid about this being racism in disguise. At the onset of WWII the US declared war on Germany, Italy, Hungary, Rumania, Japan. Who were the only people interned? The Japanese, EVEN THOUGH MOST WERE AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!. Why? brown skinned.

You need also to consider, few people are pro illegal immigration. Just as few people are pro abortion. Abortion and illegal immigration are answers to problems. Not the best answer, but at this point in time many people consider the two as practical solutions.

Human Beings migrate, the people in America are different than the people in America two hundred years ago, they are different than the people two hundred years before that. The inhabitants of Mexico in 1500 were different that the inhabitants of Mexico in 1300 and in 1700. The fact that a temporal political border exists seldom hinders migration.
The inhabitants of Britain are not the same as a thousand years ago
The inhabitants of Spain are not the same as a thousand years ago
The inhabitants of Italy are not the same as a thousand years ago
The inhabitants of France are.

Yes, I know that you will come back to "but those that come here are illegal!!!"

Yup, and the major corporations of America that hire them want it that way.

ndfmnlf, great post, anti immigration is as old as America, in fact the Iroquois were anti immigration, for all the good it did them. I have a T shirt with a few Apaches with rifles and the label "Stop Illegal Immigration", Each wave into this country after the initial English were discriminated against. The non whites are simply the latest.

The non white aspect is troubling, but heck, Irish, Italians, Yugos, Jews, Catholics in General, all discriminated against.
I was stationed in Boston in the Navy, being a California guy I was amazed to find intense dislike of Italians, they were called Wops and Guineas.

Last edited by greatbasinguide; 10-24-2007 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration