Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 PM

264 posts, read 458,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Have you read the actual Zogby poll, read the actual questions asked?

compare the questions asked and what you have printed here...do a fair comparison of the two...if you think the two results match what you have printed above...I will compare the two with you and listen to your points.

Im not saying that hispanics are for or are not for immigration( legal or illegal)...its the numbers used to come to that conclusion and the wording used that is in questions that I have questions about.

There is no way I would know what the Hispanic people feel about any one issue, being that they are a large and diverse group...even within their own group.

I have a proplem when people say, "black folk think this way" or "asian people think this way". No poll can give even give you an accurate detailed snapshot of a community at any gven time. Well, it can if the sample group is large enough. Do you think they ask 1000 likely voters who they would vote for President if the election were held today? No they ask lots of people form all over the country with diverse backgrounds to get a true and accurate sample. Do you think asking 1000 Hispanic-Ameircans about Immigration is a large enough sample to reflect the group?

I also makes me think when a group, any group wants to use numbers to prove their point...even if it is some members of that same group.

So read the actual poll, not someone's interpretation of the poll, and judge the information form that point.
Again, 1751texan, not sure that I follow you...

- Hispanics: 52% support "enforcement to encourage illegals to go home";

To be honest, I don't see any other way to interpret the writing on the wall here. Or is this one of those "it depends on what your definintion of the word 'is','is' " scenarios?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,853,715 times
Phoenix - Leaders from You Don't Speak for Me (YDSFM) an American civil rights organization of Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration will hold a Newark, New Jersey press conference with Rep Tom Tancredo (R-CO) on Monday, August 20 charging that politically motivated policies that shield illegal aliens have made local officials complicit in the brutal murders last week of three college students.

(Philadelphia) The leaders of two national American civil rights organizations, You Don't Speak for Me (YDSFM), based in Phoenix, and Choose Black America (CBA), based in Los Angeles, charge that politically motivated policies in New Jersey that shield illegal aliens make local officials complicit in the brutal murders last week of three college students. Sanctuary policies that explicitly bar local police from seeking and sharing information about a suspect's immigration status allowed Jose Carranza, and illegal alien from Peru, to remain in this country, leading directly to the murders of Terrance Aeriel, Dashon Harvey and Iofeme Hightower, and critically wounding Natasha Aeriel.

You Don’t Speak for Me! a coalition of American Hispanics, accompanied by two Texas border sheriffs will arrive on Capitol Hill next Tuesday to counter a lobbying effort by illegal aliens and their supporters pressing for a sweeping amnesty. They will be carrying a simple message for Congress and the Bush Administration: Secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws. Sheriffs Arvin West of Hudspeth County and Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, and You Don’t Speak for Me!, will join Representatives Walter B. Jones (R-N.C.), Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.), Virgil Goode (R-Va.) and other House members for a Capitol Hill news conference to discuss the urgent need for immediate enactment of immigration enforcement and border security legislation.

We are Americans of Hispanic heritage who believe in America. We believe in the governmental institutions and laws that make this country the greatest in the world. It is because of this strong belief in the principles of freedom, individual liberties, the rule of law, and democracy that we formed You Don't Speak for Me!: American Hispanic Voices Speaking Out Against Illegal Immigration.
American Hispanic voices are being shouted down by the hate and race-directed rhetoric of those who do not appreciate the laws of our country. We of You Don't Speak for Me! give voice to those without a voice and those whose opposition to illegal immigration is drowned out by illegal aliens and their supporters marching in the streets demanding undeserved "rights" of U.S. citizens.
We are standing together to say to the those who come here illegally and those who would give amnesty to those who have broken our laws, you are wrong and you should not be claiming to speak for all American Hispanics. You Don't Speak for Me!

Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,851,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Phoenix - Leaders from You Don't Speak for Me (YDSFM) an American civil rights organization of Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration will hold a Newark, New Jersey press conference with Rep Tom Tancredo (R-CO) on Monday, August 20 charging that politically motivated policies that shield illegal aliens have made local officials complicit in the brutal murders last week of three college students.

(Philadelphia) The leaders of two national American civil rights organizations, You Don't Speak for Me (YDSFM), based in Phoenix, and Choose Black America (CBA), based in Los Angeles, charge that politically motivated policies in New Jersey that shield illegal aliens make local officials complicit in the brutal murders last week of three college students. Sanctuary policies that explicitly bar local police from seeking and sharing information about a suspect's immigration status allowed Jose Carranza, and illegal alien from Peru, to remain in this country, leading directly to the murders of Terrance Aeriel, Dashon Harvey and Iofeme Hightower, and critically wounding Natasha Aeriel.

You Don’t Speak for Me! a coalition of American Hispanics, accompanied by two Texas border sheriffs will arrive on Capitol Hill next Tuesday to counter a lobbying effort by illegal aliens and their supporters pressing for a sweeping amnesty. They will be carrying a simple message for Congress and the Bush Administration: Secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws. Sheriffs Arvin West of Hudspeth County and Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, and You Don’t Speak for Me!, will join Representatives Walter B. Jones (R-N.C.), Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.), Virgil Goode (R-Va.) and other House members for a Capitol Hill news conference to discuss the urgent need for immediate enactment of immigration enforcement and border security legislation.

We are Americans of Hispanic heritage who believe in America. We believe in the governmental institutions and laws that make this country the greatest in the world. It is because of this strong belief in the principles of freedom, individual liberties, the rule of law, and democracy that we formed You Don't Speak for Me!: American Hispanic Voices Speaking Out Against Illegal Immigration.
American Hispanic voices are being shouted down by the hate and race-directed rhetoric of those who do not appreciate the laws of our country. We of You Don't Speak for Me! give voice to those without a voice and those whose opposition to illegal immigration is drowned out by illegal aliens and their supporters marching in the streets demanding undeserved "rights" of U.S. citizens.
We are standing together to say to the those who come here illegally and those who would give amnesty to those who have broken our laws, you are wrong and you should not be claiming to speak for all American Hispanics. You Don't Speak for Me!
[CENTER]August 17, 2007
Phoenix - Leaders from You Don't Speak for Me (YDSFM) an American civil rights organization of Hispanics opposed to illegal immigration will hold a ...

[/CENTER]

Old 03-16-2010, 04:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,967,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If Latinos are “paying the price” Janet, it can be attributed to the deliberate conflation of legal/illegal immigration by you and your IA-peddling ilk.

National Council of La Raza: For Latinos in 2010, the Word is Accountability (http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/62132/ - broken link)
follow "paying the price":
JOE LEGAL vs. JOSE ILLEGAL
You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..
Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...
Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has$31,231.00.
Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes.. Jose Illegal now has$31,200.00.
Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal nowhas $24,031.00.
Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0..00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 peryear. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.
Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.
Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.
Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.
Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.
Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.
Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.
Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children geta government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?
If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens...
You are part of the problem!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,621,564 times
Quote:
just to be clear..."You dont speak for me" doesnt even exist anymore...they made a splash in 2006, and have no open chapters, No chapters in Texas. . so where are they?

How can I contact Col. Al Rodrigues directly...not through his abandoned YDSFM website...
Are you actually surprised they disbanded? Remember, they didn’t support the agenda of the masters of this country. Nor did they receive federal funding. Now, had they been pro-illegal, La Raza, MALDEF, LULAC, Casa de Maryland, et al. would have ensured their survival. I’m only surprised they’re still alive. Or, are they? Good question, where is the colonel?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you actually surprised they disbanded? Remember, they didn’t support the agenda of the masters of this country. Nor did they receive federal funding. Now, had they been pro-illegal, La Raza, MALDEF, LULAC, Casa de Maryland, et al. would have ensured their survival. I’m only surprised they’re still alive. Or, are they? Good question, where is the colonel?
I think Col. Al went back to Puerto Rico...

Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM

264 posts, read 458,671 times
Quote:
I think Col. Al went back to Puerto Rico...
So he's obviously a Puerto Rican because he doesn't fit in with your distinctly ethnocentric view that all people of proud Mexican decent support illegal immigration and open borders?

Or is that why people who believe the recent Zogby poll:

- 52% of Hispanics support "enforcement to encourage illegals to go home"

are clearly confused or have their priorities misplaced?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM

50,699 posts, read 47,553,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
So he's obviously a Puerto Rican because he doesn't fit in with your distinctly ethnocentric view that all people of proud Mexican decent support illegal immigration and open borders?

Apparently Mr Texan knows less about what the Hispanics want than the Hispanics?

Of course if I was using them as a slave replacement labor I'd argue it too hoping that my work force wouldn't be displaced.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post

the reason i asked you if you had read the actual Zogby poll, is because the wording is different on the question ask the poll takers and that printed by most websites reporting on the poll results.

Not by much, by two words. But why would you think the website you cited ran an edited result? Could it be that the websites just used the Numbers to prove their point. If its more important the 52% hispanics support enforcement, then so be it. those two words ommitted wont change any minds. I like my news unfiltered and complete.

so you can read the actual zogby poll, if you like, two little words were left off. and Doctored results have no meaning.

two little words have so much meaning.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,544,751 times
Yes like "illegal alien" vs. "undocumented immigrant".....one is truth (the first) and the other a smoke screen that pro-illegals use, and lately "new immigrants".

I'd like to see a link to the "other places" that post the questions of the poll, as you stated, on "most websites".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration